• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Interior build question

Johnny M

I have all the sound deadedning and insulation material installed in my car and before i move onto the next stage I have a question about interior lighting.

If i do not install an overhead console is there an option to install a dome light/Interior light on a roof of a 67-68 FB? I was looking at a build guide and the 65-66 seemed to have one in the middle of the roof but i dont remember there being any brackets when i was installing the sound deadening.

I do not have the $$ to buy an overhead console and brackets right now as i am concentrating on parts to get the car driving. So If i install the wires and the overhead console brackets now and then the headliner is there any chance that an aftermarket overhead console will fit when i do eventually get it? Or will i end up having the take the headliner back down?

If you plan in the future to install an overhead console , you should at least mount the brackets and prewire it.
Afterwards it isn't doweble or you have to remove the front windshield and back window .
My 0.02 ct opinion.

I personally don't think you need an overhead light having a fastback. With the rear interior lights and if you install 2-3 underdash lights, it gives plenty of lighting.

"cmayna" said:
I personally don't think you need an overhead light having a fastback. With the rear interior lights and if you install 2-3 underdash lights, it gives plenty of lighting.

And i wont need to read maps with the GPS. :thu

A repo console and brackets come in dam expensive and i really do not think it is worth it.

At this rate I will owe you a trailer full of beer.

Back