• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Interior install update

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Yesterday am, GTSCODE came over to help me test the rear seat latch setup. It showed me that I needed to tweak the LH latch so it would engage as well as the RH latch. Later Abraham came over because.....he was bored and lonely?...LOL. Nah, he wanted to return my steering wheel puller and knew I would be heavily involved with Shag. We spent the afternoon roughing in the lower trim panels and relocating some of the brackets these panels afix to. Thanks Abe.

Today I spent yet more time roughing in the lower and upper interior panels until I paneled out. Then I finally started installing the carpeting.

Here's a shot of Second Skin's luxury liner pro installed over their deamplifier pro. Note if you are running a floor console, you probably cannot add so much sound deadening material for it would greatly affect the ability of securing the console to the floor. In Shag, I am not using a floor console.

4_05_09_10_6_31_16_1.JPG

Here's the rear carpet, thrown in. Tomorrow am I will get serious and burn in the 3pt seatbelt and seat rail holes as required. Afterwards I will start installing the rear interior panels skipping to install the front carpet and it's insulation until next weekend.

4_05_09_10_6_31_16_2.JPG

Craig, since my wheelhouses were changed and the brackets the latches bolt to re-welded into position, I actually had to shim the latch vertically higher in addition to sliding it horizontally.

I know you shouldn't have near as much trouble since you have all original metal in there, but just something to be aware of. Sounds like you guys got it all figured out.

Also, regarding your other post with the vent cover and how it fits against the windlace, did you guys actually screw everything into position or just eyeball it based on how it was sitting with you holding it in position? I found several of the adjustments did not become apparent until everything was actually tightened down because of how much flex there is, ie, you tighten down one side and the other side lifts up until tightened down, something you may not notice just holding it in position.

Looks good Craig! Glad I could help. Please let me know if you ever need a second set of hands.

Thanks for the turn signal hood brackets! They are great.

"cmayna" said:
Later Abraham came over because.....he was bored and lonely?...LOL. Nah, he wanted to return my steering wheel puller and knew I would be heavily involved with Shag. We spent the afternoon roughing in the lower trim panels and relocating some of the brackets these panels afix to. Thanks Abe.

You must have seen it in my soul. LoL! It ended up being a tough bike ride back over the bridge, I thought I was going to be riding with the wind blowing from West to East but it actually decided to hit me head on. BLAW!

Thanks again for letting me borrow the steering wheel puller, saved me a ton of time and a big headache from possibly damaging something with the BFH.

Kudos for your determination and focus Craig. Shag looks great.

Shag with no console - no brainer. The car's name is SHAG!

Back