• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Introductory welder for my son?

If you haven't already bought some gear I highly recommend the following. Can't beat the pricing and I really like both.

By far the best welding cart I found for the money. Very solid and useable. The open shelf area will fit a plasma cutter nicely (hint).

Newest helmet for me and I love it. No more green optics. Clear as glass viewing which makes seeing your welds much easier. Comfortable too. You don't need to spend a bunch of money for a quality, performing unit.

DON’T BUY A WELDING CART!!

Get the material and build one. It’s a great first project to learn how to weld. Just buy some 1” square tubing and expanded metal. Four castors and some 1/4” rod. It’ll be the best cart ever!

Mark

Recently I was welding some rebar for the post of my future solar installation.
I came to the conclusion that a good welding helmet is crusial whether visibility, fitment and comfort.
So , take your time when purchase one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T805 met Tapatalk

If you haven't already bought some gear I highly recommend the following. Can't beat the pricing and I really like both.

By far the best welding cart I found for the money. Very solid and useable. The open shelf area will fit a plasma cutter nicely (hint).

Newest helmet for me and I love it. No more green optics. Clear as glass viewing which makes seeing your welds much easier. Comfortable too. You don't need to spend a bunch of money for a quality, performing unit.

This is the exact welding helmet I bought. I like the idea of the "True View" feature as well.
I'll have to look into the welding cart idea.

DON’T BUY A WELDING CART!!

Get the material and build one. It’s a great first project to learn how to weld. Just buy some 1” square tubing and expanded metal. Four castors and some 1/4” rod. It’ll be the best cart ever!

Mark
This is a good idea......hmmmm....have to think about this now.......

It's a nice cart and you won't make one as nice. Plus you'll spend a good amount (if not as much) on materials and gas even trying. The word is smart. Use your time and money learning to weld on scrap metal first. Having a nice, organized set-up makes it easier to succeed.

It's a nice cart and you won't make one as nice. Plus you'll spend a good amount (if not as much) on materials and gas even trying. The word is smart. Use your time and money learning to weld on scrap metal first. Having a nice, organized set-up makes it easier to succeed.

Quiet down old man and go back to your cubicle.

Mark

He has a point here Mark !

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A605FN met Tapatalk

My son and I finally got the Eastwood MIG 135 set up and started practicing spot welds on one of the old seat pans. Fun and really easy to use. Best time seeing my kids face as we had some time to work. Hopefully next weekend we start working on the car.
032a7d616619f90ddaaca0a6e653c24c.jpg

c4562f0e8dade2768c3c7568981832b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back