• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Is Fab Fords (ol'Knotts) event back?

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
Although with time and lack of interest in visiting LA again in a '67 I won't be going to this but....
Is Fabulous Fords show back on? In Irwindale? Is that the Angels stadium again?
I read this about a Mustang event that Ford is doing for the 60th around the country.

After the Formula Drift Long Beach, California event, Mustang Unleashed will tour to Fabulous Fords in Irwindale, California (April 21), Psych Fest in Austin, Texas (April 26-28), Formula Drift in Braselton, Georgia (May 10-11), Hyperfest in Alton, Virginia (May 17-19), and Backwoods in Ozark, Arkansas (June 7-9). Activities may differ between events. Registration is opened now. The remaining six events will be announced soon on the Mustang Unleashed website.

Okay went to the website....Its at:
Irwindale Raceway
500 Speedway Drive
Irwindale, CA 91706

And it seems Ford is a lot more interested in those that have purchased a '24 Mustang not anyone else.

This event pre-registration is only open to 2024 model year original Mustang owners who are U.S. citizens. For others interested in these events, there will be additional opportunities to register on-site at the events.

The old Knotts is lost forever. Irwindale would not be a bad spot for the show, and it has the track next to it. But there are only a handful of hotels in the area I would consider staying at without my Mustang, there are none that I would feel comfortable parking the classic at. They only have one "event" hotel which I have stayed at several times. One time to move my son into one of his college homes. The manager of the hotel requested that I park the U-Haul trailer in there secured utility yard as he was afraid it would be broken into in the regular parking lot. It was a tight fit, but I slept good knowing it would be there in the morning. Imagine parking your car in a lot they have concerns about!

We will have to continue with our not-Knotts celebration, but maybe we should pick a different venue as to not keep ruining your neighborhood!

Well I'm moving Not-Knotts to July. A little too busy traveling before that. So what venue should we use?

That is the million dollar question! While we certainly enjoy making a mess of your house, eating your food and drinking your alcohol, we don't want to wear out our welcome. July makes it difficult as to options. I really like the idea of a Pismo trip, but that is busy season down there. A couple day get away would be fun, but we would need to see if we can get some of the other California folks to join in!

You make the plans...its like herding cats.

I'll still plan a Portillos Not-Knotts party in July. I'll let everyone know when I get back in June.

Fab fords hasn’t been the same since it moved. They charge for spectators but they has drag racing and autocross going on now. It’s in irwindale which is in the middle of nowhere I want to be. Maybe you go check out the siracha plant which is next to the raceway.

Back