• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Is this why Mark complains so much?

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
A Kansas farm wife called the local phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house.

The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1 . The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.

2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.

4.. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.

5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by
pissing and moaning.

Bonus:

Would you let her wear my clothes?

A husband and wife were lying in bed together one night. The wife rolled over and placed her hand lovingly on the chest of her husband.

As a phone repair man, I have heard of this. However, telephones no longer work this way. That method hasn't been in use since open-line/party-line phone systems circa 1975-80ish.
But, let me tell you, the 90-110v AC that is ring current will make you throw your tools when you accidently stumble in it.
Bill

"FordDude" said:
Would you let her wear my clothes?

A husband and wife were lying in bed together one night. The wife rolled over and placed her hand lovingly on the chest of her husband.

copy/paste worked like a charm.............NOT

"blue65coupe" said:
copy/paste worked like a charm.............NOT

Yes I know that I fail

fail_meter.jpg

I checked to see if it posted, but did not read all of it before deleted the joke. Now I cannot find it again.

fd

I've tried a few times to post this joke for you and it won't show up. It'll paste and show in a preview but not an actual post. PIA.

"Horseplay" said:
I've tried a few times to post this joke for you and it won't show up. It'll paste and show in a preview but not an actual post. PIA.

You have to get rid of all the quotation marks for it to show up....

Like such

Honey, the wife said, if I died would you get married again?

The husband said, Never, my dear.

The wife said, I'm sure you would.

So the husband said, Okay, I would

Would you let her sleep in our bed? the wife asked.

And the husband replied, I suppose so.

Then the wife asked, Would you let her wear my clothes?

I doubt she'd want to, the husband said. She'd be so much thinner.

"FordDude" said:
Is this why Mark complains so much?

I thought the complaints were related to the strong Kansas wind catching his ears. That's bad enough but when the wife ties a rope to his ankles to save money in not having to buy a kite it gets really bad.

"sgtjunior" said:
Like such

Honey, the wife said, if I died would you get married again?

The husband said, Never, my dear.

The wife said, I'm sure you would.

So the husband said, Okay, I would

Would you let her sleep in our bed? the wife asked.

And the husband replied, I suppose so.

Then the wife asked, Would you let her wear my clothes?

I doubt she'd want to, the husband said. She'd be so much thinner.

A better punch line for that joke is " no, she IS much thinner"

"ko67" said:
A better punch line for that joke is " no, she IS much thinner"

Which is the joke ending I've seen several times before :roll

Back