• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

It has been a tough 6 months

janschutz

Corn Hauler
I have kind of drop out site because...

6 months ago, Julie and I were told that her bone cancer had progressed to where she needed to start a chemo drug. This drug is not to cure her but to help with the side effects of her disease.

She is not doing well this drug, We are trying to back to the Dr. sooner than the next appoint. in 2 weeks. Please keep us in you prayers.

It is tough watching my wife slowly wasting away.

Just be with her. Knowing there is someone by her side will provide some comfort.
And of course all here will keep her in our prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear the news John. Hoping for the best to you both.

What helped me the most was knowing that Deb was there for me. It let me concentrate on what I needed to do. While I hated (and still do) that she had to take care of me, the house...our lives, it really did mean the world to me.

I'm so sorry to hear the news John. Hoping for the best to you both.

What helped me the most was knowing that Deb was there for me. It let me concentrate on what I needed to do. While I hated (and still do) that she had to take care of me, the house...our lives, it really did mean the world to me.
Thanks, I needed to here that. It just gets a bit overwhelming at times between work, the house and the farm. No time for R&R

John, my thoughts and prayers are with you both. I know how you are feeling when you have to watch how your loved one slowly wastes away because of this illness. I had to watch as my wife withered away because of a baseball size brain tumor for 2 years. She past away almost 3 months ago. Just be there for her the best you can. It hurts but she will be happier knowing you are there for her no matter what will happen. Hang in there and if you need anyone to vent with, i will be here for you as others will.

Last edited:
John, my thoughts and prayers are with you both. I know how you are feeling when you have to watch how your loved one slowly wastes away because of this illness. I had to watch as my wife withered away because of a baseball size brain tumor for 2 years. She pasted away almost 3 months ago. Just be there for her the best you can. It hurts but she will be happier knowing you are there for her no matter what will happen. Hang in there and if you need anyone to vent with, i will be here for you as others will.
Thanks, this is making me bust out crying.

Love and prayers from Utah. It means so much to her at this point that you are there beside her. Keep up the good work.

May God comfort you both and give you the much needed strength to get through it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Said a prayer for you both. There is something deeply inspiring about the loyalty of another person honoring their loved ones by doing what they can and comforting them through tough times. You have my sympathy, and my respect.

Stay strong friend! Prayers for you and your wife. I think Mark is a good source for you. Lean on people who have been there.

If I can help, I will, though I don't know much about this terrible disease...

I did lose my Mom at what I would consider an early age to the same cancer that Mark endured.

Allen

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife John. Having lost my wife of 32 years 4 months ago and having a stroke 2 months ago I can understand what you are going through. Hang in there Man...I know it's tough.

So sorry to hear about this John.

We will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers as well.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Thanks all.

Update, Julie's last dr appt last week was good. The new meds (only be n the market a few years) are helping her. They say as long as they are helping then it is a wait game. If they stop helping her, it is time for the stem cell transplant. It is so new, that they do not know how long they will help.

Thanks all.

Update, Julie's last dr appt last week was good. The new meds (only be n the market a few years) are helping her. They say as long as they are helping then it is a wait game. If they stop helping her, it is time for the stem cell transplant. It is so new, that they do not know how long they will help.
Thats good news john. Thanks for the update. You two are in my prayers.

Back