• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

It has to go for sure.....

AzPete

Had it listed before but there were a couple things of the PO's crap I wanted to fix. It has a heater now and the water pump rotation/running warm problem has been fixed.

It does need a small amount of paint/body repair. The hood scoop has the normal problem plus the roof has a couple of bad spots around the windows and over the drivers door. Been quoted from $1000 to $2000 depending on the shop. Both look like good shops. It is a great driver.....

Stangfix discount.....Asking $12,500 as a starting point, will do here....$10,500. Everything is OBO.......cuz one never knows until asking. My thoughts may change.

Reference the Craigs Listing.... http://panamacity.craigslist.org/cto/1793246535.html

Anyone interested should invest in a pair of ear plugs first...it's loud!

"AzPete" said:
...the water pump rotation/running warm problem has been fixed...

Pete not to hijack the thread but what was the rotation/running warm problem? I have the same problem. Running warm that is.

Mine was a combination thing. The PO had been running a standard rotation pump using a serpentine belt. The smooth w/p pulley was being driven by the ribbed belt side. This slipped at over 60 mph. For the setup, there was not an available grooved pulley. I put on a new reverse flow pump and flex fan and got a longer belt. This got things as they were to be with the rest of the pulleys and set it up for future A/C install. Then I found the radiator was cold in the center section after running for 25 miles and showing about 210 with a new 180 thermostat. It was 25-30 degrees colder in the center than the outside edges. Pulled that and had it cleaned. All is well now. Ran it at 70 for 25 miles with no problems.

Thanks, I don't think that is my problem. I believe that the pump is not circulation the max water. Anyway to check the flow volume?

All I have ever done is watch in the radiator when the thermostat opens. If you are not running anything special on the pump, it is an easy replacement. It takes a lot of wear for the impeller to not move the water. If the rad. is clogged, it results in the same thing. Also, make sure the hoses are not collapsing when running at temp.

I've replaced the radiator (new 2 row alum) new hoses. Runs fine on the road but in traffic or slow driving heats up. The pump is 17 or 18 years old I suspect the impellers are worn down. Just been reluctant to tear into it.

Yep....high speed travel and hot indicates the rad., low speed travel and hot indicates pump. Just do it or it may leave you standing someplace.

Just an update FYI....

I just took a deposit on my Coupe with an agreed price of $11,500. Looks like the car will be going to northern Ga. in two weeks. Such a good 4th....lol

It was a family walking thru our local Friday Fest where the main street in Panama City is closed for car shows and food courts plus all other types of activities. The guy was looking at several and came with the deposit on mine today. He looked at the car three times last night and spent about an hour this am with me. We covered all the details real good so no surprises. either way. I feel confident that the deal will go all the way.

"AzPete" said:
He needs 8-10 business days to transfer the money. I know how that goes for sure.

*LOL*

Yup, we know how that goes, huh? Well good luck with it Pete. Sounds like you got pretty much what you wanted out of all of this, as did I!

Back