• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

It must be spring,I'm throwing out the first Brisket

KTJMcG

Decided to get my mind off the current goings on and picked up a brisket and tossed it into the smoker
Used a mix of Chicago steak rub,BBQ dry rub,Butter,and a bit of salt and pepper.
DSC01329.jpg

Looks good so far.
Also on the agenda,Cole Slaw with a roasted red pepper and roasted plum tomato in it.
DSC01333.jpg

BBQ beans also. Going to mix some ketchup and Ray's BBQ sauce in a can of Bush's Grillin' beans and lay some strips of bacon over the top.

Geeze,Even my cooking is taking a Mustang flair to it:
DSC01332.jpg

Full report tomorrow on how it came out

Wouldn't you know it,Just started raining......

Wow,came out great. Everybody who got some(Women my wife works with,A neighbor) have been raving about it. the Cole Slaw went over just as big. Was told the roasted pepper and roasted tomato I put in it gave it a real different taste.
Finished brisket:
DSC01337.jpg

Beans:
DSC01338.jpg

Cole Slaw
DSC01335.jpg

I had put mine on rye bread with Swiss cheese and BBQ sauce and it was excellent. Took a bit to the Italian market where we get most of our deli meats this am and the 2 women behind the counter just went nuts over it and talked me out of the Swiss I was going to buy and into a mildly sharp cheddar. Was even better with the mild zing to it.
DSC01340.jpg

It looks good. I plan on trying a brisket this weekend on my BGE. The last one I made came out pretty bad. What size was the brisket, what temp was the cooker and at what temp did you pup the meat?

7 pounds. I put it in about 8:30 am and checked the coals every 2 hours. I just used Weber chicago steak rub, webber BBQ rub,some melted butter and some salt and pepper. I also used cherry wood in with the charcoal until the last fill,chunks not shavings. As the shavings tend to burn off 2 fast and not give you a good bark. About 4pm Took it off and wrapped it in tin foil and moved it to the other end of the drum away from the heat. Heat was holding around 275 to 300 until 4 when I wrapped it. I was told rule of thumb is an hour a pound,then let it rest covered for about an hour in the smoker away from the heat.

Back