• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

It's been 10 years ago this started?

Wow 10 years.

I have been here since July 2009. I don't remember when it was just a user group.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Wow been awhile. Does anyone here still remember Daves forum when it was a user group?

No, I don't. I remember when Rick Chiapputo and Randy Taillon and a number of VMF members decided that a separate community with fewer rules and less "banning" was needed and Stangfix was born. IIRC. I joined in the first week. Who is "Daves"?

While I seem to remember Sanborn being one of the early adopters, I do not recall him having a user group that morphed into Stangfix.

Kind of strange, but I bought my 67 Stang rolling chassis in '08 and came to be on the Stangfix looking for help! Sluggo was pretty active helping me, where's he at? However, I come and go as I'm getting to have a variety of classic cars, but I always seem to bounce back here;)
dne'

While I seem to remember Sanborn being one of the early adopters, I do not recall him having a user group that morphed into Stangfix.
Sorry I didnt mean Stangfix. I meant Vintage Mustangs in general. Back before the VMF changed hands and and some of the banned ones came here. Before it was the Original Vintage Mustang Forum it was Daves Vintage Mustang user group. Lol I recognize most of the names on this tread. I dont imagine any remember me. I ask lots of dumb questions.
I had these. Some others too before digital cameras. The white Mustang had a blue vinyl roof on it when I found it. You might remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:
VMF never was a user group, either. It started on courtave.talk or something like that, which was a bulletin board group. I joined that on May 8, 1998. Easy to remember the date because it was the day my mother died. After about a year it became VMF, run by Bob Dooley. It never was run by Dave.

VMF never was a user group, either. It started on courtave.talk or something like that, which was a bulletin board group. I joined that on May 8, 1998. Easy to remember the date because it was the day my mother died. After about a year it became VMF, run by Bob Dooley. It never was run by Dave.
Yes that's right. Sorry I'm getting the names mixed up. I'd forgotten. Sorry to stir things up. I got an email today from this forum and thought I visit.

Just dropped by to lurk and reminisce. Do you still have the blue and gold fastback? Just remembered that.
I went foreign View attachment 31833
I like the ride. We went a different way.

2cf0c33939feb33825a0755176f4fd04.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back