• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnpro News - UPDATED with Contact Info

Sacbill

Hard Swinger
John Prochaska (“Johnpro”) – 02/13/1960 – 08/04/2010

DSCN2342.JPG

Johnpro and other SFers at SacBill's Wedding Party. (Sept 2005) Johnpro is fourth from
the right (standing), wearing glasses...and NO HAT!

Our friend, John Prochaska, passed away Wednesday morning from complications related to lung cancer. Although the timing of his passing was unexpected, Johnpro was doing the things he loved to do the best: visiting friends (along with his wife, Tracey) at Hot August Nights in Reno, enjoying all the old hot rods and restorations, and showing off his ‘69 Sportsroof, known as Scary 69.

He will be greatly missed.

A service will be held in Sacramento on Tuesday, August 10th, at 11am. Send me a note if you need more information on location. The family has asked that a donation be made to the American Cancer Society in lieu of flowers.

A post office box has been set up for the family. Please address your cards, letters, and so forth to:
3308 El Camino Avenue, Ste 300, #428
Sacramento, CA 95821

Although you can send packages to this address, please don't use it for flowers or other perishables.

Please feel free to post your remembrances, pictures, or anecdotes about John here in this thread.

Re: Johnpro News - Please read

I didn't know he was sick. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Johnpro was a great contributor to the Mustang community: he gave his time, advise, humor, and wisdom to any and all that asked. He was a great mentor, friend, colleague, and ambassador. In the 12 years I knew him, I never once read anything negative that anybody had to say about him, which is rare in this world.

A few years ago, I had business in Gilroy, CA, and several of the NorCal folks came down on a week day to meet me for the first time and have a good time. John drove all the way from Sacramento, a fair piece of driving just to see an Internet buddy...I was truly impressed that he took the time and energy to do so; that simply was Johnpro. He even took off his hat to show he really had hair (of course, he put it quickly back on!).

If ever there was a place in heaven for one of the truly blessed, Johnpro would be first in line.

Rest in peace, my friend; you'll never be forgotten. My condolences to the entire Procheska family.

John,
You KNOW how much we will miss you. I can never repay you for the amount of time you spent helping me with Red as well as Shag.
We miss and love you dearly.

Could someone cross-post this to the VMF? I'm unable to log in.

Rest in Peace brother John.

Those of you attending the service, please pass our condolences to John's wife and family.

Many NorCal Sf'ers will be there to pay respect to our fellow Mustanger.

"Sacbill" said:
Could someone cross-post this to the VMF? I'm unable to log in.

Apparently it has already been posted

Johnpro News - Please read

I do not think that I can add to what Randy said. Yes John was "just" an internet buddy, but I think that he was more than that. I met him many times over the years at Knott's show. Good bye John. RIP

fd

RIP John. I cannot add anything to Randy's eloquence, except to say that I never had the privilege of meeting John in person. I always thought he was a great guy. My condolences to his family.

PS: I Cross-posted this to the VMF.

Back when I was restoring Red, Johnpro was the chosen one that I seriously looked up to in helping me get this car up and running. Way too many times did I email or call John, probably bugging the crap out of him to help me take Red to the next level. I am sure, he bitched to his way better half about this fricken cmayna guy bugging the hell out of him. I never stopped and now feel pretty bad that I bugged him so much. Sorry Johnny for bugging you so many times.

Craig

I heard earlier today. He will be missed so much!! My best to Tracy and the kids.
Stan

He will be missed. I only know him from the fix, but he was obviously a great man.

very sad news, I had the pleasure of meeting John, first class guy, he will be missed.

Johnpro News - Please read

Can I throw something out there as a tribute to John. Scary was up for COTM for August. Yes August has past, but could we put him up for September.

fd

"FordDude" said:
Can I throw something out there as a tribute to John. Scary was up for COTM for August. Yes August has past, but could we put him up for September.

fd
I think that would be great.

I didn't know him other than the Fix, many of you have become my friends without ever meeting you. He will be missed. My prayers are with his family...

Some thoughts

Dealing with buying his '66, there were 25+ e-mails between us, he sent over 60 pictures, 15 or so texts on the cell, managed to handle that end of the shipment, conversed with me and the truck driver over the phone with his voice not working well, and followed up after the sale with a couple of questions I had concerning the car.

This was all done while he went to work also. The timing on this was from 6/4 thru 7/3. Most would have given up before this. Not knowing John except over the net and thru this deal of buying his '66, I wish I could have met him in person. He pointed out more little things with the car than many would. With every "I forgot", came the words if this scares you off, no problem. I followed the cars build from a long time back on VMF and always read what John had to say on any subject.

We joked about "The Whisperer" during our phone conversation and Tracey was right there on the line with us. You would never now that anything was more wrong than a sore throat or so by the way both of them talked. John was concerned about missing work also.

John and Tracey never once made me feel like I was intruding throughout this sale. Both are very upstanding people.

Again, John...R.I.P. and know the driving the '66 we will always remember you.

Back