• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Kick down lever question FMX

A

Anonymous

Ok on my car the kick down lever on the transmission is now being blocked by my new headers. What do I need to do to shorten the lever length coming from the transmission going out. Not the leve lenght itself just that 1" sticking out from the transmission.

How much excessing shaft do you have beyond the kickdown lever? If you have this excess material, how about simply cutting or grinding the excess off? I assume you have a nut outside of the lever? A pic would be really helpful.

Yeah that is what I wanted to know also. I had it on the rack and I could not see it clearly while the exhaust was going on so I did not get a good view. I tried to take pictures of it but they did not come out the way I hoped they would. I will have it back up on a rack next week and will find out but I had hoped someone else had ran into this problem and had an easy fix. It looks like I have to be the learning curve again. LOL

Back