• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SOLD Lakewood scatter shield, Ford 5.0L to Tremec, 79-84 Mustang, SBF 289, 302, 351W

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
This item was manufactured in 2009, I bought it in 2012 but decided to go with a different transmission after I bought this scatter shield. This item may also fit the 351C block, This item is priced at $500 + shipping to sell, similar items are priced at $700-800. No warrantee written or implied.

I've never needed a scatter shield, but sometime in the next 6 months I am going to need more T5 bellhousings..
Does the SFI rating ever have to be recertified?

FWIW, I'm thinking about one because my son and I are going to build a 'fun' car and plan on doing a lot of hard clutch dumps; but don't really plan on having more than about 300-325hp and the SFI rated parts aren't required for most of what we plan on doing

I've never needed a scatter shield, but sometime in the next 6 months I am going to need more T5 bellhousings..
Does the SFI rating ever have to be recertified?

FWIW, I'm thinking about one because my son and I are going to build a 'fun' car and plan on doing a lot of hard clutch dumps; but don't really plan on having more than about 300-325hp and the SFI rated parts aren't required for most of what we plan on doing
My thinking is this bellhousing is formed from forged steel and was then certified. There is no corrosion or damage that might contribute to its possible failure. Since it has never been subjected to use or experienced a failure I would feel confident installing it in one of my vehicles I intended to race. This bellhousing is overkill for a street driven Mustang, even with a moderate build. If I intended to race the Mustang, my feet and legs would feel protected against the explosion of the clutch assembly or the flywheel. Ive seen what a flywheel does to a Shelby cowl and floor pan when it comes off the back of the crank, Id rather have it spin around contained in an SFI-rated bell housing.

Back