• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Lame question of the day: '69--how to remove my turn signal lever?

DeadStang

I am working on my turn signal switch, and to take it out, I need to remove the lever. So before doing this project "for real," I am pulling the steering wheel and taking a look at my parts car (it has a super nice rim blow that I was fixing to take out, anyway). And I am stuck at the lever. I thought it would unscrew, but it's not moving and I don't want to force the issue if that's wrong. I looked thru my Ford shop manuals, and it says: remove turn signal lever, period. So I know this can't be rocket science.

Down towards the base there is a place where you can put a wrench on it, 1/4 IIRC. Thats how my '68 came out. Spray some PB blaster on it, or maybe get the wife to give it a go... :nice

You can see it in the picture
TL11-B.jpg

Haha! I am the wife. Thanks for the help! I put a very small set of vise grips on it (after some PB and time) and turned it out--it looks like someone put some lock tight or something on it, so that might have been the problem.

"DeadStang" said:
Haha! I am the wife. Thanks for the help! I put a very small set of vise grips on it (after some PB and time) and turned it out--it looks like someone put some lock tight or something on it, so that might have been the problem.

Ooops, open mouth, insert foot, again...... :roulette

Ooops, open mouth, insert foot, again......

ROTFLMAO.

I never would have imagined that the OP was a female either. Oddly, unless I know otherwise, i assume every member to be a male.

"daveSanborn" said:
ROTFLMAO.

I never would have imagined that the OP was a female either. Oddly, unless I know otherwise, i assume every member to be a male.

What, my dead red Mach isn't girlie enough looking? :nice I took a bunch of pictures replacing my turn signal switch on that car in my sig pic yesterday, so I think I'll post a little tutorial here pretty soon on the job. It turned out to be a lot easier than I was expecting.

Another good reason to have a first name somewhere in posting. But, that was funny............

"DeadStang" said:

Beware of some guy named Midlife, who tends to flirt with all the female gearheads...

Welcome, my dear!

"Midlife" said:
Beware of some guy named Midlife, who tends to flirt with all the female gearheads...

Prolly why there is nothing in the profile to indicate gender.

Maybe she'd like to just be a gearhead, as opposed to a gearhead that should be flirted with. Just because you flirt with Pete, it's not necessarily ok to flirt with the rest of us.

Mid, you can flirt with me anytime.

Sluggo :wtf ?

I don't think Mid's harmless introduction called for an intervention.... unless she's your Mom.

"daveSanborn" said:
Mid, you can flirt with me anytime.

Sluggo :wtf ?

I don't think Mid's harmless introduction called for an intervention.... unless she's your Mom.

You call that an intervention?

I don't think the revelation that the poster was female warrants a change in the treatment directed toward them.
And besides, if memory serves me correctly her husband posts here under the same login. (Sorry if I'm mistaken)
I'm sure he don't want Mid or anyone else calling him sweetie. :yikes

"daveSanborn" said:
LMAO....

Mid, yes, you can call me and my wife "sweetie" (preferably just her though).

I'll do so, sweetie!

I've actually met Randy in person...at my house, and I have contributed a "key" body part to Midlife (the car)...

But I generally like to remain gender neutral in my name and profile because if I'm an idiot, I just want to be a plain old idiot--not a stereotyped idiot.

"DeadStang" said:
I've actually met Randy in person...at my house, and I have contributed a "key" body part to Midlife (the car)...

But I generally like to remain gender neutral in my name and profile because if I'm an idiot, I just want to be a plain old idiot--not a stereotyped idiot.

It took me a while...but don't I know your 65/66 T'Bird?

Back