• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Laurel Mountain

blue65coupe

Ordered my springs from 'em and just ordered a new fuel tank. Prices on both have been the cheapest and shipping is quick. Haven't had to get into technical info yet with 'em but have been pleased with the service.

they are about an hours drive from me, so i run out there when i need something quick. But the technical stuff, they usually dont know unless the owner kevin is there. He can be a big help.

I've had a couple extremely poor experiences with LMM. The quality of some of the sheetmetal I bought there was terrible; I spent 4 hours shortening and trimming the fuel tank lip so it would fit and line up with the end of both framerails. Also, they conveniently "forgot" to send me the trunk floor that I ordered. They didn't bill me for that, but they didn't offer so much as an "oops" when I called to inquire as to where the rest of my parts were, and I dealt with Kevin, the owner every time. The OWNER of the place being indifferent about customer satisfaction like that said a lot to me. :yikes

The front and rear framerails I bought there were also of poor quality. I ended up dealing with KAR Mustang in Columbus for the rest of the parts I needed at the time, and I've never had a better parts-buying experience than that; I talked to one of the owners, a very nice fella who seemed to know his mustangs cold, and I got some nice quality parts very fast at a decent price.

After modifying the fuel tank lip to fit my first mustang, I noticed that my car had had the same piece replaced with a repop piece and it fits perfectly. NPD:1 - LMM:0

Personally, I'm never going to deal with LMM again, if I can help it. There are suppliers out there that are SO much better that it's not worth the trouble of the cheap junk parts and so-so customer service.

I doubt the sheetmetal is made or sold as LMM sheetmetal. I dont know that you can expect a parts supplier to check every piece of sheetmetal that they get from a vendor. I DO however expect a supplier to listen to customer complaints about suppliers and if there is an issue they address the issue and take the necessary steps to rectify the situation... Just my $.02

"Fast68back" said:
I doubt the sheetmetal is made or sold as LMM sheetmetal.
Yeah, I figure it wasn't, but judging by the quality of everything I got there, they must have picked the cheapest and sleaziest offshore sheetmetal they could find. I could understand a manuf. goof if one piece was off, but it ALL sucked, and it seemed to be made by several different companies. Peddling the cheapest shit you can find doesn't seem like the way to make a name for your company, and places like NPD know this...

My repop hood came from there, and the fit was pretty good. Even though i hacked the hell out of it to put a scoop in. The edges lined up well, and everything mounted good. I think all sheet metal though requires some work to fit on these cars. Just my $.02

LMM

Hi! I've bought thousands of dollars worth from LMM! I mainly deal with Kevin~ he seems the most responible, attentive, and knowledgeable. I do expect a few mishaps from time to time, but they've always taken care of me~ maybe being a lady helps, and again having spent a great deal of money probably doesn't hurt, and the nicer I am to them about boo boos, they respond the same. Those guys are there hours on end too, usually until 9:00pm every night! :wor

Well , i bought a tower export brace a month ago , a few days later they emailed that it was back order and will be available within a week.Its now a month and several e-mails from myself later and i still haven't got an answer.I think i gonna ask my money back !!

I only live 15 minutes from their shop so I may be a bit partial. This is my first mustang build and I have dealt with LMM almost exclusively, and for the most part everything has fit what I call "to be expected" no different from any other GM build I have done in the past. Some massageing is to be expected in my own opinion. Agreed you should not have to spend days making something simple fit but if ford suppliers are anything like gm if you want better fitting parts spend the money and buy NOS or ford tooling (if available). Or expect to spend a little time making it fit better.As for customer service they have allways treated me great as a walk in customer. And are probably getting tired of answering all the questions, but they always take the time to do it. But everone has a different experience, bad day good days,You get the idea!

After sending an e-mail that, when i get no answer , i want a refund.
I got a vage email back with a notice that the other part i ask for , is in backorder too !!!!!
No excuse for not answering my previous emails , didn't answer the status on the order of my tower export brace.
Ask questions so i had to conclude they didn't read my previous emails !!!! I was/am a bit angry !!!

Stay away from these guys, they're nothing more than a bunch of thief's!!!

They're more than happy to take your money and send no parts. I've been trying to get my money back or get my parts from them for three months now. Went from they were back ordered, then they were dropped shipped, now to them putting me on "hold" hanging up on me on the phone. Buyer Beware.

I also bought parts there and they never shipped them. I ahd to call them back and they said they were backordered. I finally got my money back after three weeks

Finally , the shock tower brace came with the mail.
I immediately tried the fit of the brace and ... was disappointed.
Also the powdercoating is ......never mind.Will never order again at that store.
Sometimes i think that the european market is a trashcan used by some suppliers.

"B67FSTB" said:
Just a thought, but that could mean more about your car, then the brace you received. Most times, it takes a lot of work to get it in place. Some even use a bottle jack to spread the towers. Usually, its worth the effort.

"B67FSTB" said:
I immediately tried the fit of the brace and ... was disappointed.
Also the powdercoating is ......never mind.Will never order again at that store.
Sometimes i think that the european market is a trashcan used by some suppliers.

Was it actually powder coated? Almost all the parts like that I've used come with black EDP, a 3 mil or so coating that is not meant to be permanent.

Bought a 65 fender from them when they were selling Goodmark(which got a BaDmark!) metal. Bad fit and didn't discover 'till I tried to use it. Had sold the car I ordered it for. so I had it sitting for over a year and then discovered it. Sold it to someone who knew about the fit.

Been buying parts for quite awhile and the best two are [one company and two company---edited by Midlife]. Biased opinion.

I'm going to have to defend LMM at least from my viewpoint and experience. I have spent some ridicuolous amount of money on my stang(like most of you), at least 15k with LMM, another 10k "elsewhere", I've never had one mishap~ besides if I did, I talk to Kevin~ you should always talk to Kevin! But I've never bought any sheetmetal from them, but some local places~ rear valance comes to mind, and it was bent above where the exhaust goes, but I just did the body work and there. There are a ridiculous amount of vendors for mustang parts, and probably all get them from the same manufacturer out of Taiwan or some other foreign nation~lol I have to laugh cause most of our American made muscle cars aren't genuinely thorouhly American anymore, but no one would pay the price for American made parts if they were available, exceptions for the stainless nuts and bolts which I believe are US made.

I get treated very well by Kevin (LMM), he knows me when I call(and should) and takes time to assist me in purchasing even the littlest part/s. We each find our own place which becomes our favorite~ I just wish I had started from the beginning with LMM.

The only complaint I would have with ANY Mustang vendor or Others, when I order something, and need the fastners or something that may need to complete an install, they should tell you and sell it to you! I can't believe I haven't learned my lesson about this~ like buying a gas pedal ,and need the little stuff to install it(the only example that comes to mind).
dne'

I didn't get a chance to read this thread before I ordered some sheet metal a few weeks back. Everything shipped as they said it would and 4 days later it was at my front door.

On a side note they did an great job packing the parts in one box, best I've seen so far.

Back