• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Let's see your "Mustang" work area..aka garage pics

Suzie68

I just finished doing my garage floor about a month ago and it turned out so awesome I figured lets see some others.

Attachments

• 100_2228.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 403
  • 100_2229.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 361
  • 100_2230.JPG
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 321
Picture a mud packed,concrete floor with lots of gravel everywhere...that would be my garage floor.

Very nice floor! Living on paved roads does have its advantages.

"mmw68" said:
I need to paint my floor of the garage. Can you give some details on what you used on yours?

also check out this site:
http://www.garagejournal.com/

Yes this is an awesome site, I am also a forum member there and it has a ton of great people and info.

I used H&C solid color concrete stain and sealer. Only available through Sherwin Williams. I use to have a garage with an epoxy floor and it was very nice and durable, but expensive. My garage now is 1800 sq ft and to do epoxy(the way I would have wanted it) would have cost @ $1500 +. This product seems durable enough for what I need (basic car maintenance and restoring). Cost is @ $34 per gallon and I ended up using @ 10-11 gallons, plus if you watch SW they often have good sales, as I got mine for 40% off so my total for product and supplies was @ $250.00. Of course the end result is only as good as the prep. My concrete had a good number of stains from oil, antifreeze, and various other chemicals. I first cleaned it with Krud Kutter concrete clean and etching solution then pressure washed 3-4 times. Any area with stains I scrubbed with boiling water and DRY laundry detergent. This is a STRONG solvent based sealer that does have an odor (not as strong as epoxy) and needs to be cleaned up with xylene. I REALLY like this product and after seeing how it was used at SW I believe will hold up and last a long time. And no I m not worried about hot tire pick up.

Attachments

• ConcreteSealer_SolidColor.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 281
Yes his garage is cool, he is also very talented and thrifty.

I also forgot to mention this product can also be tinted to many colors.

(and no I don't work for SW) :Mark

Can one paint dirt? :shrug :roll

Yeah I'm jealous of those with room to actually function in a garage. Well contrary to most California garages mine actually has cars in it.

When I had my first Fastback I worked on a gravel driveway or under a tree. I sold that car to get down payment money on our house and we were typical broke newlyweds. About 5 years in we built a 24X30 garage that worked out well for a few projects but I would have to kick her out of the garage and make her park outside whenever the garage was in "Project mode". It was not heated and barley insulated, but it was mine.

Fast forward about 20 years to that day we decided to get another mustang fastback, we had a choice, spend real money and buy a really nice car or buy a car that needed love and spend the money adding onto the garage.

We built my garage mahal, it was the realization of a life long dream I have had since my youth of working in that gravel, a well lit heated space, with a lift!

Here is my garage, it is a bit messy now though. I have a thread over on GJ, but I dont want to look for it.

Here is my initial Google Sketch Up of the addition to the garage, we used this as a basic plan.

doublegaragefrontdoor.png

Here is a shot mid construction.
12_13_10.jpg

Here is a shot from the inside just before the project started.
floorafter.jpg

Here is the system I built for the in-floor radiant heat
IMG00214-20110118-1236.jpg

And here is the best bit.

Project Day #1
IMG00238-20110127-1748.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to see some real deal plumbing work right there great job!(admiring my trade) love that garage thats got to be so awesome! :thu

Allright everyone. Ready to run and hide. LoL.

Presenting Fred's future home that still requires organizing and some wall and cieling storage to be built.

It's 15' high, 22' deep and 10' wide.

c6e4d075-245c-e28d.jpg

Here's a few shots of the pit of despair. If I didn't have so much crap it would make it easier to work in there. All three of our cars and the boat are crammed in there. My plan is to drywall and do some kind of floor treatment eventually. When we built our house I didn't have the mustang yet, but was looking for a project so I made sure the garage was as big as I could fit on the lot.

6b0a787b-2abd-e219.jpg

6b0a787b-2ada-eedc.jpg

6b0a787b-2af3-a182.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Another pit of despair but across the big pont. Seems the same issue overhere.

Attachments

• GARAGE1.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 50
  • GARAGE2.JPG
    210.3 KB · Views: 59
  • GARAGE3.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 60
  • GARAGE4.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 58
with tools of course !!
selfmade aircompressor , sandblastcabinet but with profess mig welder , 4pole lift and parts washer.
Special note : look at my state of the art HIFI music installation.

Attachments

• COMPR1.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 43
  • SANDBLAST1.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 44
  • MIG1.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 4PLPOST1.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 39
  • WASHER1.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 36
  • HIFI1.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 42
Last September we moved "into" the city.

Here is a picture of the old shop - I sure do miss the space. :rant

old-shop.jpg

But the new house is close into town, and we have a pool! A must in Texas. Iam planning on removing the double doors and paint the floor - I think it will be just fine. At least the last owner put in all these nice cabinets and tons of lighting. It did make me finally get rid of a bunch of stuff I had been hoarding for years, for no reason!

shop1.jpg

shop2.jpg

I have a 3 car garage which I use one bay for my work area and the other two are for the Mustangs.
a few older pictures

Garage01.jpg

Garage04.jpg

Garage07.jpg

Garage09.jpg

and a recent one
DBCoupe%20002.jpg

"abrahamfh" said:
Allright everyone. Ready to run and hide. LoL.

Presenting Fred's future home that still requires organizing and some wall and cieling storage to be built.

It's 15' high, 22' deep and 10' wide.

c6e4d075-245c-e28d.jpg

That is how I built my car!!! Good luck Abe!

Here is my humble Man Cave....

It was built by my grandad in the late 60s out the side of his house. THe house has been converted to office space but i claimed the garage!!!

Grandads old Hilman hunter. No electricity, no heating, no power, no doors....I had work to do!!!
P8100025.jpg

Doors Done, installing lighting/power, Air compressor, etc etc
IMAGE_001.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

DSC02347.jpg

DSC02351.jpg

DSC02567.jpg

3 months ago I stripped nearly everything out of my garage in preparation for the bodywork/Sanding. I have another small shed out the back of my garage and i moved the air compressor into there last weekend.

When my car goes away to get sprayed i plan to rip the floor up and install and new poured concrete floor and possibly insulat the walls.....I want to have the place as clean as possible for the "assembly stage.

Since the Mustang is finally back in the garage, I can finally partake of this thread! One shot showing the car all nestled in (watch for a build thread), the other shot of the garage. Tough duty, I know.

Attachments

• kb4s stang.JPG
    601 KB · Views: 41
  • garage.JPG
    657.2 KB · Views: 42
Back