• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

lift for lower ceilings

Unless it is bolted to the floor, I think I would have issues doing work on a car on that lift. Just my thoughts and they might be as safe as anything else.....but not for my money.

but it does bolt to the floor~ when you're done, you unbolt it and store it. My only problem would be keeping dirt out of the holes in the concrete, or water. It's just a thought, I'd just like something other than a floor jack, jack stands and a creeper. I'm just always looking for other options.

Missed the bolt to the floor part....seems like a hassle to move then but more secure.

As for the holes in the floor, take a solid round plastic shaft and thread it with a slotted top. Screw it into the floor when you remove the lift. A bit of grease helps seal it.

Looks like a modern adaptation of the old dual pad air over hydraulic front jacks we used to use in service stations back when I was a kid. The engineering works but, IME, having installed such anchors in tension, concrete composition and anchor installation is critical to safety. I have a single post overhead crane mounted on such fasteners and it's rated for 2K lbs 10 ft up and 12 ft out. I've lifted the race car with it vertically (no lateral movements) to place on its servicing cradle and it weighs 2350lbs.

I think Vinny's looking for something like this, though I think he wants to be able to stack. However, the removable features might appease Aunt Toni and get Vinny a spot in the main garage LOL. Hope he peeks in.

As long as it's mounted safely, the flexibility of this lift system and its price point are worthy of serious consideration, IMO. If I didn't have room for a 12' high lift, I'd definitely consider it.

Just cut a hole in the roof, so you can have a typical lift installed -- or it's a great excuse to build a shop with a high roof... :craz :nta

I hate asking my husband for when I want something for my garage! When I brought this lift to his attention, he didn't bawk and even said the price sounded OK, now getting him to let me buy it is another story! :craz

"Dne'" said:
I've always got my eyes open for a lift, just haven't found the one I want yet! But this may be the one!
http://www.asedeals.com/two-post-lifts-MaxJax.html

I completely agree. I've always wanted a lift, but room is too much of a premium in my garage. Sure, one day I'll build a garage with adequate ceiling height, but this would be awesome to have in my regular 2 car garage!

Thanks for link. Now I need to start saving (or sell some stuff) to pick one of these up.

Yes, If I'd just get busy and put "things" on Ebay or Craigsl, I'd probably be able to buy this lift! I still kind of have nightmares of the bolts not holding and the car comes down on me! I need to figure out how to move my garage door opener, it's right in the way. are there garage door openers that work differently than the traditional openers? Great, another expense, and I have't even bought anything yet~!

"garner67" said:
I completely agree. I've always wanted a lift, but room is too much of a premium in my garage. Sure, one day I'll build a garage with adequate ceiling height, but this would be awesome to have in my regular 2 car garage!

Thanks for link. Now I need to start saving (or sell some stuff) to pick one of these up.

I got my four post lift from this company. It is portable with removable wheels. It is not bolted to the floor. We just had another earthquake and no issues. I have the 65 parked on it in the up position.

Mel

ordering lift soon, hopefully

Well, I sold my BMW motorcycle that I never ride :cry, but ordered my garage door opener from liftmasters :pbj to get the regular garage door opener out of the way for my Maxjack lift for my 8' garage! The lift is on sale for 1979.00 till the end of the month, and I got the garage door opener for 279(free shipping). I'll do the opener first to make sure that it's going to work, then order the lift! I'll be posting photos and a writeup over the next month. My mustang still takes up my garage, so the lift won't be installed anytime soon.

You will love/enjoy a lift in the garage. Been there, done that. Ask Pete if he prefers a lift over floor jacks.

Going to look great!

I'm very excited about this! Of course my mustang will look much cooler than the old car on this lift! lol But being able to unbolt it and store it until needed is awesome!

maxjax-two-post-lifts.jpg

sure hope this works out for you. i've been keeping my eye on that setup.

hopefully, christmas comes early for you!!!

Almost ready!

I bet ya'll thought I wasn't going to buy this lift! ha ha! I had some things to contend with first, like getting my mustang together, and then mounting/installing this liftmaster garage door opener! I need this garage door opener to do away with the regular overhead garage door opener to have more lifting space! My ceiling is only 8' so I need all the room overhead I can get! I'm thinking I'll order the Maxjax after Christmas. There are great writeups on www.garagejournal.com , many people on that site have installed them and love 'em! dne'

liftmaster1.jpg

Car is done.....order the lift.....isn't that the way we do things...

No matter what lift you get, be sure you have a stop lever for the max lift point to save roof damage.

Back