• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

looking to buy another grill next year... suggestions

copasspupil

Donator
I would love to get a santa maria bbq grill. Either buy one or make one with a lid. Anybody here have experience with them?

I cooked beer can turkey on the BGE last week. It was AWESOME! Not cheap but will last a lifetime and is fantastic. Sere a stake at 700 degrees,cook a pork roast all day at 300, make a pizza or just make burgers and dogs. It is an investment but well worth it in my opinion.

I went to the grill place to buy a Weber and the salesman, all 4 in the store, sold me on the BGE. The all had Webers and don't use them anymore.

gymajysy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were thinking of going the green egg route, I would choose the primo grill. Basically the same thing only bigger. I own two webers and a traeger currently. I like the idea of using wood on a open surface. Some where close to 36x24 to 48 x24

"68EFIvert" said:
I cooked beer can turkey on the BGE last week. It was AWESOME! Not cheap but will last a lifetime and is fantastic. Sere a stake at 700 degrees,cook a pork roast all day at 300, make a pizza or just make burgers and dogs. It is an investment but well worth it in my opinion.

I went to the grill place to buy a Weber and the salesman, all 4 in the store, sold me on the BGE. The all had Webers and don't use them anymore.

gymajysy.jpg

I think you need to have me over for steaks so I can see for myself.

"68EFIvert" said:

gymajysy.jpg

Mmmm that looks good - :beer

My wife has a Weber genesis and I have a Big Green Egg. We use the Weber more often because it is easier and faster to get started and clean. Food tastes better on the BGE and it is MUCH more versatile.

I looked at both the BGE and the Primo and I'm sold on the Primo XL (oval). I'll likely pick one up before the end of the year.

The store I went to sold both and he mentioned the differences between them. the oval Primo XL is easier to access and provides for more cooking area.

It's also made in the US. BGE has many components made in China and Mexico. Price between them is insignificant.

Back