• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

lots of oil in radiator some condensation on oil fill plug in 1996 4.6l mustang

lonaldo

I am trying to fix my neighbors 1996 4.6 Mustang. She is off sick from work due to chemo for cancer and she doesn't have the money to fix it or buy another car.
The car sounds great, idles good, no signs of any problems except: the radiator is full of oil and there is some condensation on the oil fill plug. I changed the radiator hoping the stuff in the radiator may have been tranny oil. Her radiator had been leaking so it seemed an obvious fix. After replacing the radiator and flushing out the system and running the car for 10 minutes, the radiator is full of oil again and the oil level went down maybe a 1/4 pint. Any ideas on whether this is a head gasket and what can be done to fix it. It sure doesn't fit the normal head gasket leak since the car runs and soundss great. There are so many parts on the outside of the engine for pollution control and so many plastic parts I am hoping that maybe it is something less costly and easier to fix.

Please help if you can,
lonaldo

You might want to copy and paste this in the 94' and up section. Might get better response. By the way ...Welcome to the 'Fix. :beer

Hi , welcome to the StangFix.
As said above , post it in the 94 and up section.
To me , it sounds like a head gasket.But ask this at knowledge people.

There is a gasket behind the oil filter that has been known to leak coolant into the oil. Might research that some.

Back