• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Lower rear interior side panels vs seat dimensions -68 fastback

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I need a couple measurements. width of rear folddown seat vs the platform ledge that it sits on, on the interior panels when folded down.

The seats I have which are not the car's originals is 41", but the panels are 42" causing the seat to fall down between the panels. Am I correct that there are no spacers behind the panels that pushes them outwards towards the center of the car?

Not that I am aware of. Usually, the seats are too wide to fit into the panels without scraping the panels.

"Midlife" said:
Not that I am aware of. Usually, the seats are too wide to fit into the panels without scraping the panels.

What he said.

Mine just happen to fit perfectly. No spacers anywhere other than the ones that control the height of the folddown itself.

"cmayna" said:
Thanks but can I have dimensions of the your seat width? Is 41" the norm?

I did not give it to you because you asked for that measurement on a 68. Mine's a 69.

Are you asking mea to measure mine.......the 69?

On the seat back with new repro trim installed, I get about 41-1/8 on the seat back, and about 41-1/4 measured at the radiused corner of the forward curved panel. The distance between vertical portion of the "shelfs" on the side panels is just over 41-1/4. I'm using reproduction abs panels though, they flex a little.

I don't see how but it seems like the panels that came out of Shag might be too shallow.

Hmmmmm

Back