• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Made some Chevy stuff !

Opentracker

Check it out ... Roller spring perches for a 62-67 Chevy ll Nova. These have a custom made chromoly shaft with the correct bolt spread for the early Nova's. The regular Ford perch will fit the Chevy if you elongate the holes in the upper arm, some guys don't like doing that so I came up with this fix. Sorry if Chevy stuff makes you :barf ... I had to share. Just put a set on ebay to see how they will do. I'll be adding them along with a roller UCA kit to the web site.

novarsp1.JPG
novarsp2.JPG

novaucawrsp.JPG

We already have the AMC guys covered, just trying to diversify a little more.

amcrollerperchesgrey.jpg

Thanks, it's fun making new stuff. That Nova UCA sure does look like the Ford unit. The darn bolt spread is even the same on the shaft kit (3 3/4") so in theory, you could bolt one in a Ford. I don't think the ball joint taper is the same though. The Nova suspension uses strut rods, a lower arm like ours with an eccentric to adjust caster and the perch/spring/shock on the upper arm. I've worked on a few of them and it looks just like the Ford stuff. I have always liked the little Nova's, they are bad a$$ little cars.

"Fast68back" said:
Something I never thought I'd say to another dude, but that's a nice looking shaft....

:ga alert

Great parts John!!

When are you going to make perches for my Chevy truck? Oops, forgot it has front leaf springs.

Did you use the 6002 ball bearings on this?
I was thinking ( because i am on a budget ) to make my own and use a 6002 ballbearing so it won't lift the front.I have to mill down the orig shaft but I think for streat its doweble.IMO.

The bearing we use is a R14-2RS bearing. It has an ID of 7/8" to fit the original shaft. We use the same bearing in the Ford and Chevy roller perches. Since one of our original tester sets has 90K miles on them, a smaller bearing would probably work fine.

Well i gonna try to make mine by myself ( sorry for not buying from you . Will make up to you in the future by buying stuff ) and i gonna use the 6002RS bearings ( 11/16"(17mm) id and 1 3/8"(35mm) od , 10mm with ) but i have to mill down the org shaft from 7/8 to approx 11/16.
It will help suspension travel like you said .

Back