• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Memorial Madness at Heartland Motorsports Park, May 25-26, 2019

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
Registration is now open for the Memorial Madness at Heartland Motorsports Park, May 25th & 26th. Scroll down and select the Vintage option.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/3082

If you are not a member of NASA or your membership will expire before the race weekend, you will need to buy/renew with NASA to race.

If you are already a member of HVR, your car will need to go through tech by our Chief Steward Tony Shores. If you are not a current member of HVR, we ask that you contact Tony for car and driver eligibility ASAP to avoid any problems at the track. You must have a current VMC license to race. If not, please contact Tony for eligibility.

For all HVR rules please go here: http://www.heartlandvintageracing.com/racer-info/

For all questions about car and driver eligibility, please call Tony at 816-215-1810 or email him at tony.shores@heartlandvintageracing.com

Attachments

• 2018 07 14-7175 (Large).jpg
    2018 07 14-7175 (Large).jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 2018 07 14-7181 (Large).jpg
    2018 07 14-7181 (Large).jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2018 07 14-7188 (Large).jpg
    2018 07 14-7188 (Large).jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2018 07 14-7193 (Large).jpg
    2018 07 14-7193 (Large).jpg
    307 KB · Views: 18
  • 2018 07 14-7195 (Large).jpg
    2018 07 14-7195 (Large).jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 14
OK. I have an european driver license so I will pass with ease.;)
I'll take that #57.

Well, who says miracles don't happen anymore?

I went to the track, raced the car and brought it home. No breakage, no problems, no leakages. I'm not quite sure how to deal with this situation.

For starters, there's NO in-car video, Get over it. There are a few pics and video of the start of race 1 on Saturday. I qualified 2nd overall and 1st of the big bore cars. The red Elva Courier is a rocketship. It weighs around 1,800 lbs, always qualifies 1st and no one has ever caught him...ever. I managed to keep him behind me for just over one lap and then he blew past me in the carousel and was gone :p There will be more on HVR's Facebook page, but since you old geezers are scared of FB, you may never see them.

Attachments

• HMP 520192.jpg
    HMP 520192.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 8
That's awesome! From what I was able to see looks like you were dominating that race. At the risk of ruining my reputation, I'll say congrats on a great effort. Glad things went so well.

The most fun on track I’ve had in a long time. It was so strange not to be fixing something! I had our best driver run the car in one race. He said it was awesome and not to change a thing. It was great to hear some outside perspective. We all think our cars could be better and the car is right for my driving style, but always thought it could be way better. Maybe I’ll just go as it is now and stop trying to change it.

Except for HP. It always could use more of that!

Mark

The most fun on track I’ve had in a long time. It was so strange not to be fixing something! I had our best driver run the car in one race. He said it was awesome and not to change a thing. It was great to hear some outside perspective. We all think our cars could be better and the car is right for my driving style, but always thought it could be way better. Maybe I’ll just go as it is now and stop trying to change it.

Except for HP. It always could use more of that!

Mark

No doubt you will be needing a new motor soon enough anyway!

Race 1 on Saturday. Had the fastest qualifying time of the big bore cars and started in 2nd. Managed to keep the Elva behind me for one lap and then dropped back to race with friends. Soo much fun!

Mark

Race 1 on Saturday. Had the fastest qualifying time of the big bore cars and started in 2nd. Managed to keep the Elva behind me for one lap and then dropped back to race with friends. Soo much fun!

Mark

Congratulations Mark. You took off like a rocket, VERY nice!!

Allen

Back