• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mini GTG in Olathe, Kansas

A

Anonymous

The KC area motorheads were "blessed" with a visitor from the East. Duane and his lovely (and tolerant) wife made a trek to the Heartland. Jeremy was gracious to do the hosting duties for all of us.

Had a good time, told some funny stories and ate lots of food. Too bad Duane couldn't stick around for a few days, but his sugar momma's job was calling.

Duane did bring gifts....

The real trike

JsTrike.jpg

46DD ear muffs

6.jpg

and Carver gave Duane a lesson on proper belly scratch'n!

4.jpg

in attendance were:

Duane and Jen
Mark and Deb
Jeremy (aka SpongeBob Jr.) and Bonnie
Bob and Ronda
Skip and Dora
Kyle (for dinner)

The visitors from the far East are always welcome to return. Sure hope that Dale Earnhardt special edition Blazer made it home OK after that awesome display of off roading imitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap Duane, how the hell did you find those guys? They live some damn far away they gotta truck in sunshine where they are! You better get your butt back east, there's an MBB just a few months away. I'd hate for you to miss it cause you couldn't find your way back!

Thats pretty cool, but did anything get blown up? If not i question whether it really was Duane...

"tarafied1" said:
Thats pretty cool, but did anything get blown up? If not i question whether it really was Duane...
Don't sell :Mark short.....he's pretty good a blowing things up all by himself.

Nothing blown up, the threat of a wildfire from any spark was just too great!. No rain for 2 months and 100+ temps has everything super dry.

He did bring some goodies, but they had to stay put away!

The wife and I had a great time. Always a good time getting together with this group. Kind of amazing that we all met via the Internet and nobody tried to grab my junk. Not sure what happened in the later hours.

Skip

Great time! Jeremy is a fantastic host!

Nice to finally meet Duane & Jen, and always fun to catch up with old friends. We need to do this more often. :thu

BTW, Mark's son Carver was AWESOME! So well behaved. I question whether he's really Mark's or not, but the ears pretty much give it away. :Mark

Guys, I had a great time. Jen enjoyed herself and loved meeting the wives. I wish we could have stayed longer. It's awesome to put some more faces and handshakes with names. Next time it will be a longer stay. 14 hours in the car Friday then again today have taken their toll. Thanks for hosting Jeremy. It was really cool to hang out with you guys. Ron, I am back for MBB and have tried to talk them into coming. I did take some "noisemakers" but with the dryness and such (and beer drinking) they got left on the tire of the rat rod. No worries, I'm sure J will let me know when he lights one. Skip and Bob, it was a pleasure. I hate it had to be so short. Mark, great to shake your hand man. More time next time buddy. The "Earnhardt Edition" blazer made it back....did I mention I got it cheap? Funny, J seemed a little uncomfortable riding in it, lmao. And Carver....dayum. Amazing what Mark and Deb have done with that dog. Amazing. However, it hurt my feelings he didn't get to eat that piece of bbq. If I had known that, none of us would have wanted to see that. Poor dog had MEAT laid on his paw and couldn't eat it. That almost makes a grown man cry. Great time guys, thanks. I am now chugging ANOTHER beer in hopes to sleep. I got about 3 hours last night before the 14 hour drive. Hell though, I can sleep all day tomorrow, ain't like I got a J O B ! Jen says again, great time. She loved meeting you guys and the wives. FTR...ALL of these guys have married up!!!

Scratch "Meet Duane" off of the bucket list... thanks again for the trike present. LoL..

Glad you got to come and hang out. It was my pleasure to give every one a seat and be betty crocker for the afternoon too.

And Sluggo... don't be too jealous, but D-wayne got to ride in the rat. It actually moved this time. :thu

"KBMWRS" said:
No Mustang cruisin' ???

Too far for D to drive his 65
Skip dropped by after moving and was too smelly to ride in a vintage car
My car is, well.........
Bob's Saleen was leaking PS fluid
J's car was boxed in by Rat Rod shells

Very sad.

"silverblueBP" said:

.....and look at that rear wheel. Jeremy buddy, looks like you is living too well....in the kitchen. ahem :shrug

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep... Something like that!

Or maybe Duane's wife drove over or with her car.... Hence why they gifted it to me. But the first one is much funnier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back