• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mini me, first FB to Coupe conversion?

tarafied1

Well I decided to start working on a miniature version of my car using these two doners.
72_04_11_09_9_31_05.jpg

cut the FB roof off, then cut up the Cali Special. Lots of grinding and test fitting to go but it's a start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool but I think you have too much time on your hands....... Dont forget to fill the gaps with :nick

I will need some :nick
if the two cars had been made by the same company, this would have been easy. Surprisingly they are pretty close but some small differences that make it a pain.

too much time on my hands today! It will probably sit unfinished now for a while until I get time to work on it more.

I wouldn't consider this chop top on par with yours J!

"Fast68back" said:
Nice work. You could always take them with you, something to do in the hotel.
that is a great idea!
"lethal289" said:
:lol :lol Is the glass going to fit back in when your done? Looks good craig!
yeah I think so, the FB had "chrome" trim on the glass and the coupe had painted trim on the body. I tried to keep the trim on the bottom of the coupe windshield but it broke because it was too thin. I may cut off the FB lower trim and attach it but the windshields are not the same size. I think I can make it work.

"tarafied1" said:
I wouldn't consider this chop top on par with yours J!

Well, if it's any consolation - I don't think I would have the patience to do what your doing on that small of a scale. My big club hands would jack a bunch of stuff up. Plus I couldn't use my BFH's on that either.

My hats off to you on this one! I am anxious to see it finished. What will you use to bond the two pieces together? I am assuming those are die-cast?

yeah, they are die cast. I'm hoping to braze them together. That or JB weld. maybe even :nick naw JK!

I like it better than "naah". :) It has a better "drawl"[nb]And I SUCK at spelling. I even got out the dictionary to make sure I used the right word![/nb] sound to it

well I tried to braze the roof on but it just melted the diecast metal :po

so I used the JB Weld. I attached a few pics including how I usually modify diecast cars and a shot of the leftovers that look like some FBs on ebay!
getting the trunk lid to fit is going to be a challenge!

Surprisingly, it doesn't look a lot different than most Eleanors I've seen...

index.php

(I think it will look pretty F'in cool when its done)

Back