• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mini vacay

RapidRabbit

Donator
The daughter is out for the summer so we decided to do a mini vacation.

I don't have unlimited time like Mike.

Guess where we went? A few of you may recognize this location.
8ad6e7fba5a31bf6561cf23b234f77d7.jpg

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Well Chicago.....Portillo's near new town area...Tribune tower.....???????......Lake Point Tower......City Hall

Hey I have a hectic schedule too......I have to be in Alaska by the end of July.

Well Chicago.....Portillo's near new town area...Tribune tower.....???????......Lake Point Tower......City Hall

Hey I have a hectic schedule too......I have to be in Alaska by the end of July.
I figured you would know most of these. I tried not to do the obvious ones.

We decided to spend a few days in downtown Chicago. It's only 3 hours for us. My sister lives by Wrigley.

The portillos is downtown across from the hard rock.

1 tribune tower
2 legacy tower
3 lake point tower
4 Clark Adams banking building.

Last edited:
????.....John Hancock.....Marina Towers....,.????....the newer ones were after we left.

????.....John Hancock.....Marina Towers....,.????....the newer ones were after we left.
Yup. And the Sears tower, now Willis tower. Never should have changed the name on that one. It'll always be the Sears tower for to me.

The last one is the St Regis, formerly Vista Tower.

Soldier Field.........the old part bearly (hehe) visible.
Aren't the Bears moving out of SF?

And that pic of Sears Tower....I thought it was a different angle of JH.

I used to work west of the loop and had to walk past Sears Tower every day. One day they closed the road....a pane of glass fell while being installed.....from very high up.

That's as close as we got to soldier field. It didn't make the short list of places to actually visit.

This visit we did the river tour, ChinaTown, navy Pier, science museum, the shedd, Michigan ave, the observation deck on John Hancock, and took a ride on the El.

And some deep dish pizza of course.

My daughter brought a friend with. We stayed at a hotel downtown off the Lake shore.

Just a quick 4 day getaway.

There was a blues festival starting on Friday, the day we left. I wish I could stayed for that.
0e1d4f4a8cf6ac529bc520c03a4dc469.jpg
32454dccf1020dc3da82ccf4b0ec9a05.jpg
f602497d854f0f2aac67caae17c1013b.jpg
6e337c5cb8c6e36923b56181adf2f05e.jpg

082d5e3c51470dddb85ab7257c4c4f69.jpg

Is that your rug rat in some of those pictures? They grow up so fast don't they? But they never stop doing is asking daddy for money. :rolleyes:

fd

Is that your rug rat in some of those pictures? They grow up so fast don't they? But they never stop doing is asking daddy for money. :rolleyes:

fd
Yup, that's her. She's 12 now.

The other kid is her friend. We bring a friend with us on vacations now otherwise she's bored with her old fart parents.

Her new goal is take everyone of her friends on vacation with her. We've had 3 separate friends come along to different vacations so far.
dfb3eeb78f00bff17d926ef9fab48c21.jpg

Yikes its been about 11 years since the Titanic incident on Lake Winnebago??? She was just a baby when we were about to abandon ship.

Back