• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

minus 22 degrees this morning--W.T.F.???

Flysure1

That is actual temp--not wind chill. We could use a touch of that global warming here today, they are talking 30 below 0 wind chill factor tonight---I am in central Illinois, not antartica, I hear this huge sucking sound constantly---it is the l.p. gas rapidly leaving our tank!

I could not do that. You guys are tough. I played golf yesterday in 63° sunshine. It's a little cool today but not 22°. However, we are 18 inches behind on rain and it was 100° or higher for about 30 days last summer. If we don't get some rain soon we could have a dust bowl to go along with our great depression.

Oh Jesus! is it safe to even go outside when it's that cold?? My teeth chatter at 50degrees!
dne'

I live in the country and my mailbox is about 100 yards from my house---I just got back from it in my slippers and light jacket, no hat---not one of my smarter moves!!! It was brutal just for the less than a minute I was out there---I could not imagine working out in this. I went out and shoveled the walk for the wife to get to work yesterday, wasn't that "big" of me!

Cold sucks, period. Grew up in Iowa, did military stuff in Denver, Wichita, and Korea. Was in all during the winter. The Air Force sent me to Az. in '72 and I liked the lack of snow unless I wanted to go to it. Now, in Fl., it is actually a bit cooler than Az. but still no snow. I see no reason to punish my body so I will be avoiding those temps. and snow as much as possible.

BTW, we almost hit freezing last night but it is back to 54 now. Even worked on the car in the outside this AM.

"Flysure1" said:
That is actual temp--not wind chill. We could use a touch of that global warming here today, they are talking 30 below 0 wind chill factor tonight---I am in central Illinois, not antartica, I hear this huge sucking sound constantly---it is the l.p. gas rapidly leaving our tank!

"Global Warming" I'm pretty sure I heard recently that 96-97 were the last two hottest summers in recent times.

Quit crying nancy-boy. Be glad you're not in International Falls Minnesota. -36 and I guarantee the wind is blowing no less than 20 mph.

I grew up slightly west of there in North Dakota. That is one cold MF. They did not even cancel school when it hit -40 back in them days.

Back