• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Modern Driveline customer service RAVE!!

copasspupil

Donator
I've purchased from them before but with my problem with my hydraulic clutch from JMC, I decided to call them up to see if they could answer a few questions for me. Not only did Will answer them, he did it in a way that I want to come back to them and buy any product that they have which I might need.

Will, if you ever read this post, you did me right. Anyone else from MD, Will is a great help to you and for others here. Thanks!

Danno

I did buy a few parts when converting from a C4 to a T5z trans.
Never did have a problem with the parts or services.
So .. Good people at MD :thu :thu :thu

I've had nothing but excellent service from Modern Driveline. Bruce was excellent to work with while I had issues with their McLeod throwout bearing. He also answered my million questions prior to even purchasing anything. Two thumbs up :thu

I'm another MD fan.

I purchased a T5 with G-Force gear set, shifter, kevlar clutch, scatter shield and master cylinder with bracket from them. Bruce and Will have been nothing short of awesome. Bruce worked with me through some issues with the G-Force gear set, which turned out to be a problem with the G-Force tolerances, not his work. They fixed with issue by having their machinist fix the G-Force part. Also, I was an early tester for their hydraulic clutch linkage that had a thinner bracket, and when they improved the setup, he sent out the improved version to me. Bruce and crew are a great business to work with. Sure you can piece together a hydraulic clutch t5 conversion cheaper on your own (if you know all the part details), but I've been very happy paying a bit more to get their support and expertise. It's great to see an American company provide a great product and great service.

This is my own experience with them so judge as you will.

I ordered, a clutch, PP, release bearing from them, and paid over $800 for everything. I told them my engine size, flywheel part number, and bellhousing part number.

When I got everything it looked fine, but when I went to put it on my Hay's flywheel the PP wouldn't fit. The bolt holes on the PP were off.

I called them up, and told them about the issue. The sales man tried to get me to pay half of the shipping back.

I told him it wasn't my fault. He agreed, and said it wasn't his fault either, that it was the problem with the flywheel as it was different than what it should have been.

I told him that was why I ordered the parts from a SPECIALTY house like them over just ordering everything from [a large discount specialty store---edited by Midlife] by myself.

I finally agreed to pay for the shipping back, but it kinda left a bad feeling.

That was several years ago now, and before they moved. I have since ordered a shifter, and tranny speedo gear, and everything was fine.

Back