• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Monday rant

blue65coupe

So I'm at the Wally World last night picking up some grocery items. It doesn't really matter that it was Wal-Mart because this happens anywhere that you need grocery items bagged and it really pisses me off. When I get to the checkout, I always put my items as they should be bagged. Refrigerated items in one group, grocery items in another group, non-food items in another group, etc. Last night I had about 4 bags worth of stuff. A few cold items that will easily fit in one bag, a few non-food, and regular grocery items that are gonna require 2 bags. Cashier got the number of bags right but damn, why do I have two bags both containing refrigerated and non-refrigerated items? I literally had a box of cereal and milk in one bag and in the other bag had some baby food and cheese. WTH? Oh yeah, instead of putting all 4 containers of baby food in one bag, half the baby food went in the bag that had bread and bananas. I stood there speechless as she was mixing everything up as I had laid it out in "groups". After I paid I emptied all the bags, gave her a quick "grin" and rebagged my groceries. Did I miss a memo?

No memo - that's the problem. When I started baggin groceries (back when they actually bagged & carried them out for you), the manager spent about 30 minutes showing me how to bag correctly. Now, they just throw them at it, and no training on bagging.

Some folks liked different ways of bagging (bread with nothing else, etc). Learning those got you some good tips ;-)

I never had a lesson when I started my first job at a grocery store, that was given by the store. My dad however gave me a lesson, he was old school bagger and actually taught me a lot more than I let on. Its funny to watch him now when we go to the store when I visit, i think he gets a kick out of bagging for the cashiers.

Ahhh, the joys of living in a small town. Not only do they still bag it and bag it correctly...they put bread items by themselves, dbl wrap meat, keep cleaning items separated A N D carry it all out to the car for you. They actually are offended if you take your own!!

"blue65coupe" said:
That's because ya'll still don't have shopping carts.

and that would be an incorrect assumption :ecit

You're confusing "shopping carts" with PT cruisers. No wonder they get offended if you don't let them take your groceries to your car. Have you ever seen what those things are capable of?

"napaguy" said:
Whats this "wal mart" you speak of? Is it some sort of grocery chain store?

They sell guns there. You wouldn't understand. BTW, how did we get so lucky as to have you grace us with your presence two days in a row?

Back