• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

More Car Info

Specs & pics about 2/3rds of the way down THIS PAGE:

Dave Gensler's 1966 Mustang

Easily recognizable as the car used in the Street or Track banner, this highly modified 66 coupe is a real screamer! Powered by a 302 short block with 165cc AFR heads and a custom ground Ed Curtis cam this combo makes 400Hp and 330ft-lbs at the crank. Lightened by using fiberglass front and rear flared fenders, fiberglass hood, rear bumper and aluminum seats, heads and radiator this car is great fun on the track and a handful on the streets!

Parts supplied by Street or Track:
Street or Track Adjustable Strut Rods
Street or Track Quick Release Shock Tower Brace
Baer 13" front disc brake kit with 2-pc rotors and powder coated red calipers
17x9.5 Torq Thrust II wheels with 4.75" of backspacing
AFR 165cc heads - not currently listed on our website. View our Vendor Line Card, then contact us for pricing.
Tri-bar headlights
Griffin aluminum radiator - not currently listed on our website. View our Vendor Line Card, then contact us for pricing.
Canton 9qt Road Race pan
Safecraft aluminum seats
Hooker Super Competition headers - not currently listed on our website. View our Vendor Line Card, then contact us for pricing.
Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 mufflers
Autopower Bolt-in Roll Cage

Yeah, what Bob said.

Bill owned it when we started Street or Track. He turned it into this snot snorting monster while we worked on go fast goodies to manufacture. Bill got back into dirt bikes in a big way and sold it to a friend. Dave has since installed a Ford Motorsports 347ci Boss motor with 450hp. I haven't driven it since the new motor but I'm heading out to Cali this year so I'm hopefull I'll get behind the wheel on track.

Back