• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

More fish nuggets

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Top four trays being Salmon. Bottom tray is Steelhead.

maju4uba.jpg

Salmon:
habatuqu.jpg

Steelhead:
vy6yqypu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...Where is the freakin recipe for that one Craig? It's like being on your wedding night, seeing the prize and not being about to touch it.

I added a link to the recipe back on Sept 23 in another Salmon nugget thread but probably have modified the recipe here and there. Will compare notes.

Craig that looks money to me. I'll try it this Christmas and let you know how it turned out. Just to clarify, you smoked it for a total of 4 hours?

It can vary depending on outside temp, exact size of the nuggets. The key is to smoke until the IT (internal temp) reaches 145 degrees. I would say my average time spent smoking is about 3+ hours. Depending on the type of smoker you are using (electric, propane or charcoal), as well as how often you replace the wood chips, the overall time will vary.

I'm doing a batch right now and I was surprised by the size of the dry rub and how much it shrinks and becomes a slurry. Still some 3 1/2 hours away from washing off the slurry.

Thanks for posting. My daughter is filling up on saliva as we speak - sending her digital pics of the process. Mainly due to me doing this at work and then bringing it home to smoke tomorrow.

How long are you brining the batch? Be sure to rinse well afterwards and let the pieces air dry for a couple hours. Then enter the smoker they go.

I brined it for 6 hours and let it dry overnight. I took the small thin pieces out after 2 1/2 hours and they were delicious. The rest are still smoking it up for another 2 hours or so. Great recipe and thanks for sharing.

Back