• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

More questions from the glass guy

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Are the lower dash pad metal trim pieces that you fasten to the front of the dash for a 65/66 (above the bezel, radio, glove box, etc.) reproduced? I just looked in M+, NPD and Virginia Classic catalogs and don't find them listed.

Note: I originally forgot to mention 65/66. My bad!!!

When I looked, I never saw a repro'd piece. I ended up re-dying my original, and it turned out pretty good.

No, I don't believe they are reproduced. They must be infertile and cannot reproduce.

I agree with Randy. I had to find mine used for the '66.

If you don't tell him, I could give you the ones off the '66 and we'll tell AzPete it never had them and I forgot to tell him.

:beat

I got pictures..............................damn.

But wait....is this what you are referring to? Says 65 only.
21.jpg

Yep. Now, is it me or am I forgetting about something on a 66 dash as the OP referenced?

"AzPete" said:
Yep. Now, is it me or am I forgetting about something on a 66 dash as the OP referenced?

I can't think of any other pecularities between those model year dashes.....

"AzPete" said:
That's what I always thought.....just wondering if the OP was confused or I was.

Actually, I think it was me that sent this thread sideways. I didn't notice the "lower dash trim", and I thought Craig was talking about the trim between the glass and dash pad, which i used from '65-'70 and probably through '73.

I concur with the others that the lower dash trim was a '65 thing only. It's still not reproduced, though, that I'm aware of, and I still had to find those pieces used for my son's '65 when we built it.

So you're safe, Pete. The '66 doesn't have those parts to steel them, anyway. :vic

OK my error. I thought the 66 had the same lower dash pad trim pieces. Sorry about that.

Back