• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Motorcraft vs Holley power valve can they interchange.

M-train

I rebuilt a Motorcraft 2 bll carb for a buddy of mine from out of state, and the rebuild kit didn't have a power valve. Anyway, I had several new Holley PV's on hand so I looked up the stock motorcraft PV number, and matched it with the Holley part of the same rating [sorry I can't remember what the size was].

Anyway, the Holley, and the Ford power valves looked almost identical, [both are single stage powervalves] and there was no interference from the PV to the float.

I haven't yet talked with him, but that is the only thing I can think of off hand that was different on the carb that might cause issues. For the record, I did see somewhere where the jets are interchangable, Holley vs MC.

As long as there is no physical interference in the fit sure seems like the swap would be fine. Are you asking because he reported issues after reinstalling the rebuilt carb?

As long as there is no physical interference in the fit sure seems like the swap would be fine. Are you asking because he reported issues after reinstalling the rebuilt carb?

Yes. He said he couldn't get it to run right. The only odd thing out was the powervalve, which is why I suspected it might be the problem. Another person said the Holley PV would interchange so I guess it might be something else. My buddy said he was just going to change over to a 4 bbl setup, so I guess I will never know what the problem was.

However, its good to know that a Holley PV will work in a pinch.

Back