• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mounting Raydot mirrors?

JohnnyK

How did you guys end up mounting your Raydot mirrors since the base most definitely does not match? Any pictures? Thanks!

That would be great.. I'm still confused, because the base is much wider than the allocated space. I was thinking of turning something up, but rubber sounds easier! :D

As suggested, use a rubber blanking grommet.

Photo-0394.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.. I see what's going on.. Not sure if I'm digging it though. So there is still some overlap over the side of the door then?

There's hardly any 'overlap' it just looks like it in the angle of the pic. Anyway, unless you specifically look for the way they're mounted, you won't notice it.
I think it has something to do with your attention being drawn elsewhere.... :)

Hi Johnny, I took a couple more pics for you, hope they help, Rob.

Photo0365.jpg

Photo0366.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank ya man! Appreciated! So it appears these mirrors don't have any play side to side. So I take it you actually drilled the hole in at an angle (I mean, I know it's not thick metal, but you know what I mean).

"JohnnyK" said:
Thank ya man! Appreciated! So it appears these mirrors don't have any play side to side. So I take it you actually drilled the hole in at an angle (I mean, I know it's not thick metal, but you know what I mean).

Yes you are correct. You alos need to shave the grommet down to fit the curve of the door. Just my opinion. It looks good once done.

Hmm, still some issues. :D So did you guys just drill a hole, stick the bolt through it, stick your hand in the door panel and tighten it? I guess the way these mirrors are made you can't use a rivnut eh? Just having problems tightening them up and keeping them the way I want them to be, due to the limited movement allowed.

Just an FYI, Mustangs to Fear will soon be making a countoured rubber mount specifically for the Raydyot style mirrors.

Back