• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Music in our classics.

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
Been trying to figure out a way for some time now to have music in the convertible. I have a little Battery powered blue tooth Speaker that sits on the dash. Works ok. What I wanted was a couple of box speakers sitting on the back seat. Second thing is to be 12 volt DC powered. Party speakers with flashing lights could work, but had to be 2 for stereo. Then I found a Bluetooth speaker circuit card. Ok so it came from china, if I could find one made here I would pay 2x the cost. So what is the cost? Like 10 bucks. I have 3 pairs of stereo speakers. Pulled a pair down and dusted them off. Connected to the card. Took a 12Vdc plug in transformer from my work truck (to test) for power. Turned on the Bluetooth search on my iPhone and it found it. I have 1400 songs on the iPhone plus amazon, iHeartRadio and Radio.com to name a few. So tired of commercial radio, play a song then 5 minutes of yacking and commercials.
Point is this is so simple and I was overthinking it. Thinking ahead my 67 has a cassette player and radio. Going to put the factory am back in and connect the speakers to this Bluetooth card and put it in the console. Control is with my iPhone or iWatch.
Here is a pic of it sitting on my laptop connected to the speakers.

fd

Attachments

• 4BCB34C8-AA7C-4899-8FF4-FBE999DDD67C.jpeg
    4BCB34C8-AA7C-4899-8FF4-FBE999DDD67C.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 15
I love iheartradio. Bluetooth it in my Fortuner and listen to 4KQ on my 900km drive to work.
"The best songs have already been written, the best songs have already been sung" is a bumper sticker i have.
Now, get off my lawn
'

That's pretty slick. I've been trying to come up some ideas like that.

I have a 90s alpine cd head unit in mine, and one dash speaker. I can hear the radio ok with the top down but no connectivity

When I did the power tour with the stang I brought a Bluetooth cube speaker so I could hear my GPS. It wasn't loud enough so I listened to sounds of the engine and exhaust for 5 days of driving.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

That is the thing in a convertible you need some volume with the top down. Headphones are not exactly legal when driving, and ear buds just not into wearing them anymore.

Bluetooth board

fd

I mostly drive on the highway too. At 70+ mph it's rather loud. Especially when you're around a big rig.

The other issue is you can't add kick panel speakers in a 70 because of the fresh air vents down there. I tried speakers in the trunk, that was awful.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I put a Retrosound unit in the '65 in anticipation of one day making the Power Tour. I can connect my phone to it either via Bluetooth or a special jack I wired up in the glovebox so I could also charge my phone while using it for a music source. I even bought and connected a Sirius unit to it so I could have satellite radio too. Retrosound speaker in the stock dash location and a pair of 6x9s in my seat delete I built. All that back in 2017. I have NEVER turned it on since installation other than to test it before the car left the garage for the maiden voyage. Sad huh? Nah, I could listen to the engine all day. And I have on many occasions. Still, I probably should figure out how to use it all again...

Back