• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My early Christmas present

Mach1Mark

Ramrod extraordinaire
Donator
Last Friday I had a new Advantage four post lift installed in my garage. It will revolutionize my life !! Last October I went to AutoFair at Charlotte Motor Speedway and saw one in person. Well engineered and well built even though its a Chi-Com product. I will post some pics soon.

Attachments

• A4642B73-9944-4CE8-B857-B6981C78DFE3.jpeg
    A4642B73-9944-4CE8-B857-B6981C78DFE3.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 42E1DCE8-0573-43B0-AEBA-A37D03B2FFA9.jpeg
    42E1DCE8-0573-43B0-AEBA-A37D03B2FFA9.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 9F5EA108-AEE0-46D9-8DFC-D505A1AF70AD.jpeg
    9F5EA108-AEE0-46D9-8DFC-D505A1AF70AD.jpeg
    205.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 25D7D2DE-A4DA-4B81-A0B6-BAD5AE66B1DB.jpeg
    25D7D2DE-A4DA-4B81-A0B6-BAD5AE66B1DB.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 330FCFBC-9717-40F9-93BF-93AC5BBB0554.jpeg
    330FCFBC-9717-40F9-93BF-93AC5BBB0554.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 24
Like Mike said , makes things ALOT easier !
Just make sure you built in some kind of security so you can't queeze the car into the ceiling.!!
Or the garage door can interfere when a car is up there. Ask me how I know ! ;)

Last two pics

I see your first problem...the car is supposed to go on the lift! :D

I am going to add both a 4 post and a 2 post to my shop, just have to decide which one will go first. I have the 2 post picked out, but have not narrowed down the 4 post choice. Are you happy with the build quality and operation of this one?

I see your first problem...the car is supposed to go on the lift! :D

I am going to add both a 4 post and a 2 post to my shop, just have to decide which one will go first. I have the 2 post picked out, but have not narrowed down the 4 post choice. Are you happy with the build quality and operation of this one?
Absolutely satisfied with the build quality !! Ive been thinking about getting a lift for over a year and was actually sold on another brand until a car buddy brought Advantage to my attention. Lots of safety features, stout construction, five year warrantee on the structure/two year warrantee on the pump. As a side note: I noticed the lift used at MCA National events is an Advantage. They aren't a sponsor but someone must like them. The disassembly/assembly process is pretty short if two guys are working on it. Also, the lift comes with four attachments that raise the lift so you can roll it around if you have room.

Like Mike said , makes things ALOT easier !
Just make sure you built in some kind of security so you can't queeze the car into the ceiling.!!
Or the garage door can interfere when a car is up there. Ask me how I know ! ;)
Funny you should mention that, the lift came with a switch that shuts off the pump at whatever height you attach it on the leg.

So I wasted an hour yesterday watching video on this particular lift. Thanks, Mark! There really is a lot to like about it.

Guys lucky enough to have lifts. Are they really worth it? What are the top benefits you've realized? In my case and selection of vehicles, given garage ceiling height, I couldn't stack any two vehicles in any combination. This makes me wonder if the investment is worth it in my present place. I'm afraid it would just be a means to cram more junk in there! Junk I'd have to move around just to lower and use my car.

I bought a 2 post lift right after a 3 yr resto of my sons '65. If I had bought it BEFORE we started the resto it would have knocked a year off the process. I'm pretty sure I wasted a years time putting it on jackstands and taking it off. I use mine a ton and the bonus is you get a bunch of new friends.

So I wasted an hour yesterday watching video on this particular lift. Thanks, Mark! There really is a lot to like about it.

Guys lucky enough to have lifts. Are they really worth it? What are the top benefits you've realized? In my case and selection of vehicles, given garage ceiling height, I couldn't stack any two vehicles in any combination. This makes me wonder if the investment is worth it in my present place. I'm afraid it would just be a means to cram more junk in there! Junk I'd have to move around just to lower and use my car.
I watched all the videos as well. My local Mustang buddy has a 3 bay shop and a Snap-On mini lift. It was helpful gettting the transmission into my Mustang. Now he has a two post and he LOVES it !! I haven't realized all the benefits of my lift but I plan to use it for some maintenance on our vehicles. The main reason I bought it was to be able to store three cars in a two car garage. My wife loved parking in the garage this summer and having her Mustang be 50 degrees cooler inside when she needed to go somewhere. In the meantime we have a bay to use for small projects out of the weather AND store both of my collector Mustangs.

Back