• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My loaner car

kb3

So it appears my daily driver Edge may be having transmission issues. It pays to be friends with the local Ford dealer. He offered me this ride until mine gets fixed.

015fba8f9ea951af79787615e3653b7a.jpg

It looks black but is the new Antimatter Blue. Great color in the sunshine. Base model with lots of upgrades and Sasquatch package.

Edge is a nice ride, that was the wifey’s car until we sold it to our daughter. She wanted something a little bigger, so we got an Explorer.
Hope everything is ok with the trans and it is not having any gear identity issues. ;)

fd

Edge is a nice ride, that was the wifey’s car until we sold it to our daughter. She wanted something a little bigger, so we got an Explorer.
Hope everything is ok with the trans and it is not having any gear identity issues. ;)

fd
I have had several Edges over the years, supplied by my company. I commute 75 miles each way and it is a great ride. This is the first to cause me any issues. It goes forward no problem, but it shakes terribly in reverse.

As for the Bronco, not a bad ride given it sits on 35" tires. The soft top is a bit noisy at highway speeds. Terrible fuel mileage, only 17 mpg on the freeway.

I still may add one to my fleet when they are more readily available.

Left tire is leaking oil. And finally there's an indicator on the 'outside' of the headlight for fluid level.

Left tire is leaking oil. And finally there's an indicator on the 'outside' of the headlight for fluid level.
With only 300 miles on the rig, I hope it is not leaking anything. Why did I know it would be you that pointed out the water puddle on the ground!!!

Nice loaner.

I'm surprised they gave you that with them being in support supply.

I'm waiting to see one in person. I'm intrigued.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Nice loaner.

I'm surprised they gave you that with them being in support supply.

I'm waiting to see one in person. I'm intrigued.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Ford is forcing the dealers to purchase two of them and keep them in their rental fleet for 6 months. They did the same with the Bronco Sports. Not sure they need to push more Bronco sales considering they have sold out the first two years of production.

I'm surprised they sold out. Not a terrible looking rig but given all the time for design and homeruns they hit with all their other retro efforts it left me a bit disappointed. Thankfully, the aftermarket seems to be taking up the call to shape it up.

I actually think they hit it spot on. It is very reminiscent of my early Bronco, just with all the new stuff. It rides very well both in town and on the highway. Has lots of off road upgrades including axle lockers. Turns on a dime and has an excellent seating position. Yes it needs more power, but for that I am waiting for the Raptor version!

After spending a couple days in it, including my long commute I can see it easily replacing my Edge. The wife wants to trade her Mustang GT on one!

I see about one a week. Mostly the small version. I'd have to see each side by side to pick up on the size clues.

I actually think they hit it spot on. It is very reminiscent of my early Bronco, just with all the new stuff. It rides very well both in town and on the highway. Has lots of off road upgrades including axle lockers. Turns on a dime and has an excellent seating position. Yes it needs more power, but for that I am waiting for the Raptor version!

After spending a couple days in it, including my long commute I can see it easily replacing my Edge. The wife wants to trade her Mustang GT on one!
I was hoping for something reminiscent of the original but much edgier (not as in like the Edge). Less rounded with sharper lines. All I've seen live leave me disappointed but some I've seen in publications with aftermarket bits come closer to what I would have liked to have seen from Ford. We all have our tastes.

When my need for the F350 passes, there will be a 2 door Bronco in my driveway. And it will be fully rednecked out.

Mark

I see about one a week. Mostly the small version. I'd have to see each side by side to pick up on the size clues.
I actually parked next to a Bronco Sport the other day at lunch. The size difference is night and day. This Bronco, albeit factory lifted on 35" tires was much taller, wider and more rugged looking than the little Sport. Keep in mind the Sport is built on the Escape platform so it is fairly small.

I have yet to see a two door in person yet. That would be my preferred truck as, other than my wife, I really don't need anyone else tagging along. I have asked my dealer buddy to call me when the first two door shows up so I can set my eyes on it.

Back