• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My nieghbor made me these....

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So after our remodel, of course we needed new furniture upstairs. Our everyday watching TV sofa and recliner were beat to death. I measured and found a new reclining sofa and chair that would fit but we would have to get a very small table to fit between. So while showing our new furniture to my neighbor I mention I am now on the hunt for a small table. So he, Mike, says he could build one that would fit to give us more usage of the space. I would just need to buy the wood.
Wood bought and Mike measures and comes up with this. Beautiful walnut.
Apr22 MikeBingham End Table 1small.JPG
Apr22 MikeBingham End Table 3small.JPG

I ask him how he joins the planks together and he shows me the small wood cookies used to align the wood. He asks why I'm asking and I said I was going to buy a few more walnut planks and join them together and screw some steel legs under for a decent coffee table. So he says bring the wood over and he would join the planks....of course he then takes over and says its simple he'll take care of it. So yesterday he shows up with this. I provided the wood and steel legs. The rest his Mike's doing. Beautiful pair of tables.

Apr22 MikeBingham Coffee Table 1small.JPG
Apr22 MikeBingham Coffee Table 2small.JPG
Apr22 MikeBingham Coffee Table 3small.JPG

Very nice! Maybe he can make you a matching center console w/cup holders for the fastback. That recliner would look good as a driver's seat too.

Wow! Those are really nice!

I hope to be able to make some of my own furniture in the future - whatever finish he used is really nice!

Back