• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My Opentracker racing sway bar!

Dne'

It's so nice to buy from nice people! and John, your wife :bowdown is so nice! I'm sure you must be, but I never have had the chance to talk to you~ Anyway, installed my sway bar the other day with all the new hardware~ really looks great!! didn't realize just how heavy a 1" sway bar is(I used large tie wraps to hold it up while attaching ends)! I had been driving my '67 coupe without it ,and that's how you really tell that a sway bar makes the difference! :thu
So, a very well deserved thumbs up for Opentracker racing! :yah
dne'

aaaswaybar.jpg

I don't know why I was thinking adjustable sway bars! lol I know what adjustable struts rods are; just hear they're not that great for street cars. Believe, they have crossed my mind several times!
Kat, Open tracker just has awesome products at reasonable prices. He has done a lot of research and developement and knows his stuff, but it's just not an item I don't think is absolutely necessary for street machines~ unless you have extra money laying around, besides, what's another 3-400 when spending 30k on a project! lol The roller perches on the other hand~ yeah, they're great!

Ahh ok. I thought there was something important I was missing about his sway bars vs other brands. Like his perches are way better than the others. :thu One day, soon hopefully, I'll be able to put them on Gertrude. I've had them since early December. lol

"Kats66Pny" said:
Ahh ok. I thought there was something important I was missing about his sway bars vs other brands. Like his perches are way better than the others. :thu One day, soon hopefully, I'll be able to put them on Gertrude. I've had them since early December. lol

There definitely is something extremely important, the people behind the product. As DNE has stated John is a great guy who has done a lot, not just for the hobby but people in general. I especially appreciated the care packages he and his family put together for our boys over seas.

I would rather drive out of my way and purchase something/anything from good people. So, a huge thank you to John and all our official StangFix vendors for reaching out to us and helping our hobby grow and hopefully stick around for a long time.
a6cd8860-3752-4ac0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Abe!

Well said Abe! :thu

"abrahamfh" said:
There definitely is something extremely important, the people behind the product. As DNE has stated John is a great guy who has done a lot, not just for the hobby but people in general. I especially appreciated the care packages he and his family put together for our boys over seas.

I would rather drive out of my way and purchase something/anything from good people. So, a huge thank you to John and all our official StangFix vendors
a6cd8860-3752-4ac0.jpg

for reaching out to us and helping our hobby grow and hopefully stick around for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dne'" said:
I don't know why I was thinking adjustable sway bars! lol I know what adjustable struts rods are; just hear they're not that great for street cars. Believe, they have crossed my mind several times!...

I don't think that's necessarily true. From what I've been told, adjustable strut rods are a great addition all around.

Anything that can bind or change alignment numbers during suspension travel is a bad thing, and the original strut rod rubber bushings won't move as freely as the heim joints of the adjustable strut rods. Also, the adjustable strut rods don't compress under braking like the stock rubber strut rods, which maintains a constant alignment.

Just for confirmation, I'd talk to an expert, like John at ORP or Shawn at StreetOrTrack.

Too bad I already bought a 1" sway bar (just haven't installed it - still brand new! lol) long ago when I first got Gertrude before I even knew about this forum. :(

Adjustable strut rods huh? :confu Sounds like something I might have to look into since I'm redoing pretty much everything in the front.

The service is definitely the key, I just bought new front springs from ORP so when I get my car back from the body shop I can raise the nose a bit. I got confirmation emails, tracking details and just great service.

"silverblueBP" said:
Looks great Dne', next up are adjustable strut rods!

I think tires other than Radial T/A's would be your next choice if your looking to improve handling.

Back