• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Name That Car...extended

If he doesn't respond with an answer today, I will be forced to meet with him in person tomorrow to deal with his poor emcee practices!

Geeeee guy goes on a drunken bender for a few days and he gets dragged over the coals....mmm sounds like fun..o_O

Ok you win. Forget the rules. I think the Subaru will be at the
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
4805 Hacienda Dr
Dublin, CA 94568
at 11:30...you can pick it up there.
SF AmGraf'23 104.jpg

Geeeee guy goes on a drunken bender for a few days and he gets dragged over the coals....mmm sounds like fun..o_O

Ok you win. Forget the rules. I think the Subaru will be at the
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
4805 Hacienda Dr
Dublin, CA 94568
at 11:30...you can pick it up there.
View attachment 35763
What's that thing hanging off the window?

That is an old school "air conditioner". It forces the wind through the window to cool you down. Some even had ice trays!
I've seen a lot of weird old car stuff, but never one of those. I've even see old Mustangs with a weighted tube in the trunk that was sold to stop fishtailing.

OK...like all GREAT and GOOD things this too must come to an end...basically because I ran out of pics from the American Graffiti Car Show.

The prize for the final car will receive a free dinner with LimeyBoy, KBMWRS & B67FSTB on 31May24 at the Worthing Brewhouse, Worthing, UK....AND I MEAN IT. I'll buy. Current participants are ineligible for this offer.;)
SF AmGraf'23 106.jpg

YEAR / MAKE/ MODEL

1959 Buick Invicta
And the thing hanging on the window of the Cheby truck was a water cooler- before AC was around

That may be but I have to go with what the owner put in his window placard.
And your answer is wrong. Considering your notation you are very close.

Well as far as I know, in 1959 Buick made Electra 225, Invica, and Le Sabre. All of these were available in 2 door hardtop coupe, hard top coupe (4 door), and convertible.

gee and only a year off
SF AmGraf'23 107.jpg
SF AmGraf'23 108.jpg

ok...you are a winner for getting real close. Well everyone is a winner. I'll buy dinner for those who care to meet us at the Brewhouse.

Back