• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need a pic regarding 67-70 trunk dropoff drain hole

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
I had to replace the trunk dropoffs in Shag and forgot to note the drain plug hole. Anyone (cough Rick) have a pic of what the drain hole looks like with the drain hole plug removed? On 65-66 their on the bottom of the drop off going through the bottom edge of the quarter panel where as 67-70's have the hole at the bottom of the vertical portion of the drop off, towards the front.

250805.jpg

250806.jpg

Jeremy,
Edited-God I was asleep last night when looking at you pics. Yes those are not the holes. The hole are forward near the tires.

"cmayna" said:
Anyone (cough Rick) have a pic of what the drain hole looks like with the drain hole plug removed?

Posted two pics in the gallery, figure if I had to go out in the hot azz garage and crawl under the car and snap pics, your gonna work for 'em!

Rick, If you look at your pics compared to 70_Fastback's you'll see he has two holes each side whereas you have just one. Are the hole you show are at the bottom of the dropoff? They seem higher. Also your holes are round whereas 70_Fastback's are bell shaped. Finally based upon the pics I've seen, I don't see how the seals actually attach to the sheetmetal. Looks to me that there is a smaller hole right above the main drain hole.

Craig, I e-mailed you the picture, the drain hole is actually behind the S in StangFix.com (shameless plug). I took a picture of the same hole Jeremy did, but thats not the drain. I can snap a closer on of the drain if you need. I looked at Jeremy's pictures and took the same ones and didnt read your whole post........

2_12_08_08_5_49_34.JPG

The plug that goes in that hole is rectangular shaped and clips into the top square hole
and has a dome shaped cover over the hole. I'll get a cell phone pic of the plug and upload it.

So mine's not the drain hole? Sure looks like it would function as such. It's the lowest hole in the drop off area - so the sheot will drain through that one for sure ~dk

The age old question when you buy the rubber seal kits, what and where in the hell do these things go. I found out what the hell they were but nobody could tell me where they went. I found out Sunday where they mount. I seen some pics of a concouse restored mustang and saved the pics. Now my question. Why in the hell do they not put the drain valves in the lowest spot where water will sit? When I do mine I will install them as close as I can to the rear wheel.

[attachment deleted by admin]

"Mustang Mike" said:
The age old question when you buy the rubber seal kits, what and where in the hell do these things go. I found out what the hell they were but nobody could tell me where they went. I found out Sunday where they mount. I seen some pics of a concouse restored mustang and saved the pics. Now my question. Why in the hell do they not put the drain valves in the lowest spot where water will sit? When I do mine I will install them as close as I can to the rear wheel.

My 69 is basically unmolested and only has the plugs in the very front holes.

"Mustang Mike" said:

I am baffled to see those drain plugs at the very back of the drop offs. Not correct as far as I know.

I agree, when I looked last night I was thinking there would still be 2 or 3 inches of water in there with the drains located back there.

Ehem! So are we saying that mine are not the drain holes? ~dk

And I'm not even using those drain plugs either. Minus 1 point for me.

"70_Fastback" said:
Ehem! So are we saying that mine are not the drain holes? ~dk

And I'm not even using those drain plugs either. Minus 1 point for me.

I'll go look at mine and snap a pic in a little while. It's here at the "J" so next time I head
out in the shop I'll looky.

Back