• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need Help?

pnandy

My Headlights keep flickering on and off while driving the car the bezel and red running horse also flicker on and off is there a short in my lights or? or since they are wagner halogens do i need to put a relay(the mod in the how to section) in it to boost the power? (68 mustang)

Thanks for the help in advance

-Patrick

Halogens take more power than old worn headlight switches can handle, so their internal circuit breakers trip on and off. Two things to do: replace the headlight switch, and see if that helps and if not, install a relay switch that uses the signals from the headlight switch to activate power to the headlights directly from the battery (fused).

Might check the dimmer switch also. On my '66, the lights would flicker when I hit a bump. Everything was new except the dimmer. Replaced the switch and had great lights. The relay system as mentioned is goo to do no matter what.

do the relay setup. you can get everything you need for less than 20 bucks (i've seen kits for over 70 for lazy people) and do it in an hour (depending on your electrical skills). i did it because my lights were pulsing, comepletely stopped that issue and they are way brighter than ever before.

Back