• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need lower windshield molding for 66... looking for NOS

steveh326

My original lower windshield molding is dented pretty bad. I know I can get repop one but they just aren't made nearly as heavy or nice as the original. I have a couple shops who can restore my old one for me, but so far I am looking at a 10 week turnaround.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know of any NOS lower windshield stainless anywhere? Barring that, are there any repops that are better than others, and where would I source one? I know every online vendor of mustang parts has them... I got one from CJ Pony but it doesn't compare in quality to the original. I wasn't sure if NPD or someplace else may have a better one?

Here's the thing about those moldings. They are stainless steel and not chrome. This means they are rather easily restored. A bit of time with a few inexpensive hand tools and you can make them look like new. Pound/tap out the dents, a little filing and sanding, run em against a buffer and good as new. Seriously, it's not very difficult. Like you stated, repops don't compare and if you did find any NOS pieces they would likely need the same work as your present piece.

I made a few calls to see about having mine restored whilst I was doing other work on my car. The quotes were VERY expensive. I decided to just add them to my project list and do it myself. I saved over a grand and they turned out like new. Really. Do it yourself.

I will look in my stash, I probably have some. Like Terry said they may not be perfect either though...

Back