• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need opinion on $$....

AzPete

...that this shop wants for a third member/chunk. They have a used 8" in the heavy duty case, 2.79 - 3.00 gears out of a '67 Mustang. Inside looks un-touched. No gear wear is evident. Installed with a warranty, they want $650.00. What do you all think of the price? I need a change for mine but just have to wait for the posi unit till next year most likely.

Pete,

While you're inspecting the center section, lift it up and start flipping it over in your hands.... it's awkward because it'll be heavy...... all of a sudden, "accidentally" drop it on the owners foot and say.... "oops, no thanks you crazy-a$$ crackhead!"

Forum member Tarafied just picked up that junker '67 and would probably part with the open 2.79-3.00 center section for less than $50. A $4 gasket, three quarts of 90wt. and a few hours of elbow grease could save you about $550.

I tried to figure where he was getting the value at and just cannot see it. Even if it was a rebuilt unit, it still seems high. Guess I will keep looking.

"daveSanborn" said:
..... all of a sudden, "accidentally" drop it on the owners foot and say.... "oops, no thanks you crazy-a$$ crackhead!"

LMAO! Funniest thing I've heard all day. :rof

Back