• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need pic of 67/68 hood turn signal harness in place

Here it is at the turn signals:
173_09_07_10_2_05_50_1.jpg

Here it is at the other end of the hood, where the harness comes out. Two grounding points, one on hood, one on cowl:
173_09_07_10_2_09_39.jpg

Note: twig is optional.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like what the electrical assembly manual shows. I didn't have a screw hole on the cowl for the lowering grounding point and use a hole in the firewall for that. NPD has some round plastic inserts for the hole in the hood to prevent the wires from chaffing. Assume they were used at factory but were often disintegrated and fell apart leaving just the wiring there, as I haven't seen that part on many cars.

Here is another picture for you. This was a write up I did on installing the Mustang Project LEDS on the VMF. My grounding points look just like the one posted by Sigtauenus. I also made the replacement harness instead of modding the original harness, and I routed my wires through the hood by the signals, for a cleaner look, albeit not the way Ford originally did it.

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/608622-led-turn-signal-install-mustang-project.html

Here is the pic of the ground wires. The holes are original as this was an original TS car, but I made this harness for the LED indicators, and tucked the original away.

LED_Wiring001.JPG

Here's the pics of mine. Like I said before, I used a grounding point on the firewall vice the cowl. My car was not a factory turn signal hood car. I have no idea what the hole in the firewall is for if not for that grounding point, so I used it. I also am not too keen on drilling holes in my new paint unless I'm 1000% sure of what I'm doing.

427_24_07_10_8_18_42_0.jpg

427_24_07_10_8_18_42_1.jpg

427_24_07_10_8_18_43_2.jpg

Also note I did not have the correct hardware for this. Just using generics from Lowes.

"sigtauenus" said:
Here's the pics of mine. Like I said before, I used a grounding point on the firewall vice the cowl. My car was not a factory turn signal hood car. I have no idea what the hole in the firewall is for if not for that grounding point, so I used it. I also am not too keen on drilling holes in my new paint unless I'm 1000% sure of what I'm doing.

I totally understand your concern on not wanting to drill into the cowl. I just wanted to clarify that the grounding point I used (in the cowl) was original to the car, which came with a TS hood.

173_09_07_10_2_09_39.jpg

Yours looks legit, hope I wasn't implying I thought it was wrong, I was just showing mine as an option if there was no hole already on the cowl. I just couldn't remember if Shag came with a factory TS hood or not. If so I'm sure Craig has the correct hole already on the cowl.

Thanks guys. Yes I already have the factory correctly located holes for all the wires.

Back