• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need some help.

blue65coupe

Thursday a bird decided to leave his lunch on my hood sometime during the day. :rp When I got home I washed the car and pulled it in the garage. I took it out today and immediately noticed the "mark/lunch" has left itself in the clearcoat. You can see where it was and what it was. I haven't had a chance to try and wax it out. Any experience with this or anything I should try before the wax? It's like it's "burned" into the clear. The paint is 18 years old and I've never had a spot be left like this. Thanks in advance.

I have had luck in the past with a bit of compound and buffing. Just be gentle. Might try a wax that removed dead paint....

about all you can do if its pitted bad is wet sand the spot with a piece of 2000 grit & buff it. if you have one of the softer clears, you may be able to simply hand rub the spot out but make sure you use a cleacoat safe compound that cuts chemically, not the old compound with grit.

Back