• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Need some trouble shooting help on a 67

bwross

Okay, the tail lights, turn signals, etc weren't working so I changed out the turn signal switch and I'm happy to say that I now have brake lights. Now, I have brake lights and rear running lights, but I still don't have turn signals. I checked all the bulbs in the circuit (front valenace lights, and hood lights) and they are all good. All the lights are working in park. So, what do I check next? Oh, I don't have emergency flashers either. I can troubleshoot mechanical issues but electrical not so much. Any thoughts folks??

Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Here's what you can do to determine if the wiring is correct: remove the flasher can and jumper the two leads. Keep the foot off of the brake, key in ACC, use the turn signal lever and check the tail lights. The appropriate light should be lit up. All the flasher can does provides power on a 50% duty cycle. By bypassing the flasher can, you can now isolate where the problem is.

On a 1967, the input power to the flasher is orange/blue; the output is blue.

Back