• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

need some trunk ideas

Im redoin the inside of my trunk in my 69 mach1. Plan on puttin a battery, amp, and sub. Just rubberized the while inside. Should i put a carpeted board down and bolt the. atterybox to it or just skip it and bolt it right to the floor. A.y other ideas?

Some pics would help of trunk area and box/battery you will use. I plan to bolt my metal batt. tray/frame to the floor and reinforce from below as I plan to make some trips down the strip and don't want tech to fail me. Using an optima gelcell so no venting needed for me. I would think the box directly to the floor would give less chance of loosening vs. bolted to carpet covered board. You have to plan for ease of batt. removal and jump starting if needed.
Jon

Yea, I got a yellow top optima with a billet brackret. Probally just bolt it to the trunk floor on the passenger side. Probally put a piece of carpeted board across the middle there behind the rear seat and put a sub and mount the amp there.

Back