• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Neurosurgeon!

gwstang

Well, I got to see the neurosurgeon today about the neck problem I posted on awhile back. He said there is a badly bulging disk on C4 C5 so he is going to go in (from the front of the neck) and fix that and put a piece of bone in there (same thing he did on my lower back in 1993) then attach a metal cage over the discs and screw that in to stabilize them. Get this! It is an out patient procedure. Go in fix it and go home later that day if no problems...damn. That is freaking wild. He said mashing on those nerves is the reason it starts burning really bad going up the back of the head and down into the shoulder area in the back scapula area. Also, this is why I keep falling (other than being a retard) remember I fell on my wife on vacation at Destin, Fl and broke her friggin' leg. Haven't fell in a while...maybe I got far away enough from the curse of Midlife (Randy, does the curse still exist?) that it isn't after me any more...lol Hopefully I can parlay this into lots of whining and maybe some sympathy ____y from the red head! Naw after 34 years, she knows me all to well :shee

Forgot to add that he said I won't have to wear one of those neck brace collars, they hardly use those anymore because of very limited benefits. :pbj

Great news!!! esp the part about no collar. I wondered about the benefit of mine considering the bone grafts, cage and 8 screws, brace seemed kind of moot! Good luck with your procedure! kip

You'll still have a pain in the ass from her...

And yes, the Curse cannot be eliminated, only transferred.

I hope he doesn't have to use 8 screws! It's only 2 disc being put together if I understood him correctly.
It's definitely some one elses turn at the curse for awhile. I still owe her a vacation at Destin since the last one was ruined. She doesn't know, but I will take her this fall as a surprise! I like it better in the fall anyway, it's cooler and we enjoy the beach without all the traffic. :steer
Hmmm, I see a mustang trip coming up!

Ask for the 5 bolt version rather than the 4 bolt: it's stronger and will withstand donuts.

I only needed 8 screws because they removed 3 disks and bolted C3-C7 together with a titanium plate and 3 cadaver bone wedges. Makes for a really cool set of xrays! kip

"TB350" said:
I only needed 8 screws because they removed 3 disks and bolted C3-C7 together with a titanium plate and 3 cadaver bone wedges. Makes for a really cool set of xrays! kip

What happens if you have to have an MRI

"Midlife" said:
Ask for the 5 bolt version rather than the 4 bolt: it's stronger and will withstand donuts.

Stop talking about doughnuts...damn I love doughnuts...must resist. Ah hell, resistance is futile! :hs

i wonder if it is because the cage is made out of titanium or some such and a magnet (MRI) would not affect it?

Back