• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New AC Compressors

A

Anonymous

There is some guy on ebay selling a complete kit to change out our york compressors with a sanborn compressor and he claims an increase in effiecency and HP. Better gas mileage and all of that. Anyone knows whats the best AC compressor to have on your car?

Sanden rotary compressors are the most efficient for the money. When we put one on my Dad's '72 F100/302, I actually had to set the idle down. He had an original York on it. They really do use less HP.

Sanden. Thanks thats what I wanted to hear. I am going to order one next month. Have to pay of the credit card this month.

If you are replacing an old style, make sure you get the correct adapter plate for mounting and ensure the hoses will fit.

Well I ordered it before the 10% coupon expired. I will probably get it this week and have it installed before I head overseas. I will let any of those interested know how it goes. Its amazing that for less then $400 I can actually have a modern AC that cools.

Back