• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New addition to the stable

E4FD35E0-6164-4786-8FAA-89E5A1B0D2F6.jpeg E72C9E1B-AF87-461D-95AA-98FDAEAD8DFA.jpeg Wednesday, I picked up ‘Bruno’. 2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 38’, Cummins 8.3L, 400 HP from my Uncle. 4 pop outs, 44k on the clock. Fits in the shop perfectly.

Nice Steve!

Almost the twin to mine. I have an 2009 43' Endeavor with the same paint scheme. Watch out...these things are money pits!

Wow that thing is Mammoth. It makes the Stang look like a toy car. Lol.

Very nice though.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Nice Steve!

Almost the twin to mine. I have an 2009 43' Endeavor with the same paint scheme. Watch out...these things are money pits!
I forgot to mention it has brand new Michelin steering tires and both set of batteries are less than 2 years old.

What does one do with such a vehicle? I know some owners practically (or maybe even do) live in them as they traverse the country. What are your plans? How do you get your "value" out of it? Those things aren't cheap. I recognize you may have gotten a sweet family deal but speaking in general I wonder "WHY?" if the intention is not to spend months out of the year logging miles and seeing the sites. Maybe that's the plan? Genuine curiosity. For a single guy wouldn't something smaller make better sense? Or is there a road harem you haven't told us about yet? :p

What does one do with such a vehicle? I know some owners practically (or maybe even do) live in them as they traverse the country. What are your plans? How do you get your "value" out of it? Those things aren't cheap. I recognize you may have gotten a sweet family deal but speaking in general I wonder "WHY?" if the intention is not to spend months out of the year logging miles and seeing the sites. Maybe that's the plan? Genuine curiosity. For a single guy wouldn't something smaller make better sense? Or is there a road harem you haven't told us about yet? :p
Taking extended trips. Entire summer from Vancouver to Nova Scotia, then through New England, visiting family n friends in SoKal, Daytona, Talladega, etc.

Holy Crap. Coast to coast across Canada. Wow. I've been all over the country myself. That is a LONG ass drive. Good to know there is a Tim Horton's about every KM or two the whole way so no shortage of coffee to keep you going.

Holy Crap. Coast to coast across Canada. Wow. I've been all over the country myself. That is a LONG ass drive. Good to know there is a Tim Horton's about every KM or two the whole way so no shortage of coffee to keep you going.
Remember, it is over 3 months...

Like most “toys” you can never justify their existence. I grew up RVing, so it was only natural to do the same as my wife and I could afford it. We started with a small pull behind that grew to a couple larger 5th wheels, and now up to our coach. It’s nice to have all the comforts of home, but they are a task to drive, park and maintain. We continue to put ours on the market now and then thinking we want to downsize.

Occasionally we take the fastback with us!

6f28cf1c060c13bc8943dd529eaacfab.jpg

Like most “toys” you can never justify their existence. I grew up RVing, so it was only natural to do the same as my wife and I could afford it. We started with a small pull behind that grew to a couple larger 5th wheels, and now up to our coach. It’s nice to have all the comforts of home, but they are a task to drive, park and maintain. We continue to put ours on the market now and then thinking we want to downsize.

Occasionally we take the fastback with us!

6f28cf1c060c13bc8943dd529eaacfab.jpg
That rig would scare the hell out of me to drive like that. You likely can't even see the car behind you. I would be in a state of constant paranoia that the car had fallen off or something!

Can you imagine the StangFix booze cruise we could have with it though!

That rig would scare the hell out of me to drive like that. You likely can't even see the car behind you. I would be in a state of constant paranoia that the car had fallen off or something!

Can you imagine the StangFix booze cruise we could have with it though!

It does have a rear view camera that is focused on the car the entire time. Plus, if you tie it down correctly, the car is going nowhere. I do have a nice enclosed trailer now, so the car is not exposed to the elements when towing!

image.jpg 321C2FB0-6E67-4ACC-95FC-957C9CA5D682.jpeg 74E37DF8-D8F3-4FB2-B8BD-BD3769DDE15B.jpeg 8E067FEC-7ECB-4D7D-80FC-231E03DE91DB.jpeg

Yesterday, I took Bruno out on its maiden voyage with yours truly as pilot.
I drove it about 7 miles to the Centerville grain elevator to weigh it. 18,9 is the rear axle, 29,260 is total. Front was 10,540 so the #s add up within reason. Bruno ran well n smooth. Backed it back into the shop - it was relatively easy.

Back