• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Engine Photo of Trouble

Laurie S.

Staff member
I grabbed a couple of shots today of how the 390 looks in the engine bay. Here's the best one:

treng5a.jpg

Nice work Laurie i like the contrast in colors . The engine bay shot in color has allways looked better then the semi they are in . Also like how you carried the stripe down into the bay . Someone was telling me of another who actually shot the stripes under the hood to carry there too.

Thanks! Actually, the stripes go from the exterior, under the hood, down the firewall, along the floorpans, and up under the deck lid. ;D

Nice detail so the bottom looks as good as the top . Had to be hours of prep to get it there . Great to see a car with so much detail and the cleaness that it shows .

Not a fan of colored engine bays, but it does look clean. I like the black engine with the black crinkle/brushed fin vc's.

Well, I am a fan of colored engine compartments, and I think what you've done is Fantastic!!! I'll be painting my engine compartment the same color as my car(orange), but I probably won't do the stripes, but I may after having seen yours! I'm very pleased for you!
dne'
IMG_6397.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks real good Laurie.

Does the engine sit a bit off center? Looks like the stripe on the firewall is a bit off center for the engine. I know how you are for the perfection. lol

Good eye! Actually, it is offcenter right now because the Cobra T-pan is sitting on the rack and it's throwing the engine over to the driver's side. That's why it's resting on the master cylinder. I need to raise the engine about 3/8 inch and it will be okay.

We did a test fit, and with just the 390 installed, there was no problem. Once the weight of the C-6 was added, it lowered it enough that it made contact with the rack. It's an easy fix...sort of.

It's an easy fix...sort of.

If there was one phrase that could define every conceivable repair event on a classic Mustang.... that would be it!

It's an easy fix.... sort of.

Sluggo should incorporate that phrase into the StangFix home page....

"StangFix.com.... where it's always an easy fix.... sort of."

Great choice of words Laurie!

Ouch! Today, I tried to add the spacers to the engine mount bolts. I jacked the engine up as high as it would go (tranny was against the firewall) and tried to remove the mount bolts. My wrench slipped and I slammed the knuckles of my right hand into the engine. I now have one bright red knuckle and a bruise that covers half of my hand, which is swollen. I didn't break anything, but I think I came close. What's really funny is that I quit work early on Friday because the tendinitis was acting up in that hand from too much report writing. Yeah, I'm right-handed.

No, I didn't get the spacers in, so I lowered the engine back down and raised the rear of the car back up instead. I'm going back to finishing up fixing some of the paint problems underneath and reinstalling everything I took off before painting. I figure I'm safer under there than playing in the engine compartment. I'll wait for help on that.

This is the sort of part of the easy fix. :rof

Back